Hotel In New Orleans before cruise

tkabrk

Hotel definetely. there is a gulf ports port of departures area on CC, but I can say the best deal is Holiday Inn Superdome, for $99 that doesnt include breakfast but includes free cruise parking. They have the other deal, pay a smaller per day and get breakfast too. So make sure which one you get.

The best hotel cruisers like is Drury, and the rooms are large and beautiful, but they charge $35 to park during your cruise. Its closer to the port.

At the port is $16 a day .. so thats why I drive and stay at one of the two above.

I like the Drury Inn. Parking for the duration of your cruise is $35 if you stay one night. We booked with an ERate. Free hot breakfast,snack food for dinner (nachos, chili dogs, baked potatoe bar,etc. free sodas, and three free alcoholic drinks per adult. Within walking distance of the French Quarter and two blocks from Harrahs. They have a pool and hot tub on the roof. They seem to be a little on the expensive side currently, but it is a nice hotel. The free food made it worth it for us. If you can't find a discounted rate, call and they can tell you if there are any available.

Others have suggested Holiday Inn at the Superdome.

Have a great cruise. We loved New Orleans.

I like the Drury Inn. Parking for the duration of your cruise is $35 if you stay one night. We booked with an ERate. Free hot breakfast,snack food for dinner (nachos, chili dogs, baked potatoe bar,etc. free sodas, and three free alcoholic drinks per adult. Within walking distance of the French Quarter and two blocks from Harrahs. They have a pool and hot tub on the roof. They seem to be a little on the expensive side currently, but it is a nice hotel. The free food made it worth it for us. If you can't find a discounted rate, call and they can tell you if there are any available.

I tried to get the erate, but they cancelled my cruise parking and told me it wasnt combinable .. like 2 months after I confirmed I had it. They made me change back to the cruise rate you call in for.

My bill with parking was around $150 that time .. thats why I went to Holiday Inn Superdome .. though I love Drury too.

That $99 deal isn't going on right now. Because it is Mardi Gras season. The rooms are expensive! We got a room at Marriott Convention Center. If you go to website its like $269 a room, but I found a code from somewhere for the cruise package and it was $181 and some change, still a little high but much better than $269! It is a bit of a walk to Bourbon and French Quarter. But, they keep your car for up to 7 or 8 days. I can not remember the code for the life of me though!! It started with a Q. UGH so sorry! If you are going soon you need to make reservations NOW!

What's an e-rate? Its the online web site rate.

Maybe I qualify...lol!

On their site, they have a online rate, its hookey. They show you a code, and then you type it in. But its just for the room, not for cruise parking. Anyone can get the e-rate.

For a while it was posted on CC you could combine it with the cruise rate, but then they stopped it.

On their site, they have a online rate, its hookey. They show you a code, and then you type it in. But its just for the room, not for cruise parking. Anyone can get the e-rate.

For a while it was posted on CC you could combine it with the cruise rate, but then they stopped it.

Thank you!

We stayed at the LaQuinta Downtown. It is walking distance to Bourbon St, like 2 blocks. It is valet parking but I cant remember how much. There is a free breakfast and the room was nice and recently renovated. We parked at the pier and it was over $100.

We stayed at the Marriott Convention Center. They upgraded our room so we could see the ship come in. Doesn't include breakfast but the hotel does have a Starbucks in it. We walked across the street and through the mall to port or you can take a taxi.

We found our deal here: http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/2/subsectionID/0

This past Nov. we stayed at Comfort Suites Maison St. Charles, right on a streetcar stop. I know they have cruise parking too although we did not use it. We flew in and took a cab to the port.

The rooms were nice and I loved the courtyard settings. They had a nice breakfast too. We used our Choice points when we stayed.

Any recommendations on a hotel in New Orleans? We will be driving there so we would want to park our car somewhere. Do you recommend parking at the hotel with a shuttle or parking at the pier?

Thank you.

When parking a car, I prefer parking on top of the cruise port. It is too convenient, lighted, covered, and secure. No shuttle required - just an elevator.

As for a hotel, what dates?

This is one port where a B&B is a good idea, especially if you are staying more than one night. I suspect you can find one thjat will supply parking, or you can park down at the dock.

We went on the old Holiday then spent three days in the French Quarter and it beat any hotel we could have chosen at the price.

Paul

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites by the convention center. Had free breakfast and they shuttled us to the cruise pier for free. Very nice place and would stay there again in a heart beat. You can walk down to Bourbon street but its recommended to go in groups if you do that or walk on any of the side streets in NOLA. $5 for a taxi.

It is a LONG walk to The French Quarter. After Bourbon Street forget walking back.

MexicoBob

It is a LONG walk to The French Quarter. After Bourbon Street forget walking back.

MexicoBob

Maybe Im confused which hotel you mean. I didnt find it a long walk the couple of blocks to the French Qtr from Drury.

Holiday Inn I used their free shuttle to drop us off in the French Qtr area, and walked back both times I stayed there.

Maybe what one considers a long walk to others is a skip in the park. I was all over the French Qtr on foot.

... or are you referring to the Hampton?? I havent stayed there.

I just booked the Drury last week for June (really like the hotel, and very easy walk to things). Parking for cruise is now 50.00, but still alot cheaper than the port. The person I talk to at the Drury was wonderful, he told me the park and cruise and E Saver could not be combined, BUT, if i would book the ESaver on line and then call him back he would go ahead and combine them for me. That's what I did:) and he gave the ESaver rate and cruise parking.;)

This past Nov. we stayed at Comfort Suites Maison St. Charles, right on a streetcar stop. I know they have cruise parking too although we did not use it. We flew in and took a cab to the port.

The rooms were nice and I loved the courtyard settings. They had a nice breakfast too. We used our Choice points when we stayed.

Agreed! LOVED the courtyard areas, and the "kitchy" breakfast area! I would HIGHLY recommend Maison St Charles! What a lovely place to stay in the "Garden District", and right across from the trolley.

I wanted to stay at either Maison St Charles or Maison Dupuy, but both required more than one night during The French Quarter Fesitval :rolleyes: Next time I need to book my cruise a little more carefully....

Yeah, we weren't booked yet, looked at that 1st weekend in May, and decided against it. My hubby is picky and he really LOVED Maison St Charles, so that's becoming a part of our cruise ritual! We moved our vacation back to September 4.

• 4 months later...

Archived