Balcony dividers in Aqua Class

judla

We just upgraded to Aqua Class :) and wonder if the balcony dividers can be opened to the next balcony? My sister and her husband will be in the next room and we would love to be able to open them.

We have booked two adjacent AQ cabins-our teenaged sons are sailing with us. My TA (who is very knowledgeable and has never steered me wrong) assured us that we will be able to open up the balconies in order to go from cabin to cabin.

Paula

They do open but I was ask the room steward(ess) to do it for you.

FYI many female attendants in AQ on our cruise. I asked for a few simple things (take away the ice bucket and please do not leave 4 hand towels as a) we don't need them and b) no place to hang the used bath towels) but they couldn't seem to get it straight. I also asked to have a pitcher of water rather than the tea--got neither. I guess these requests were just too complicated! I just stopped asking and took what we got!

You can have the dividers opened. We had 4 AQ cabins (1629, 1631, 1633 and 1635). We had all 3 dividers opened. But between 1631 and 1633 there is an angled post for the overhang above you. So, you have to step over that between those 2 balconies. Not a big deal. But between 1629 and 1631 or between 1633 and 1635, no obstruction at all. It was great to be able to all move between balconies and visit cabins and hang out together.

We just upgraded to Aqua Class :) and wonder if the balcony dividers can be opened to the next balcony? My sister and her husband will be in the next room and we would love to be able to open them.

Yes, but it depends on your location on the ship. There's a support beam that supports the pool deck. This support beam comes down on Deck 10 (every other stateroom) in AQ staterooms forward of the hump. In AQ staterooms aft of the hump & angle, the support beam comes down on Deck 11, supporting the Cafe/Buffet area.

Here's a photo of the balcony in Stateroom 1606 that we were in. Notice the support beam to the right. That glass will open, but you have to step over the beam to get into the balcony next door. There is no beam to the left, and you can walk over to the left balcony. So, it depends upon where your AQ staterooms are located.

Back aft of the hump, you could have the big opening where the beam would be to the left for one stateroom and the beam to the right for the other, or you could have two adjacent staterooms with the beam separating the two balconies.

Sheri's explanation is excellent. From there you can count to every other stateroom from between 1631 & 1633 to determine will the next beam will fall.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=139&pos=20

• 1 year later...

Sooo...I'm trying to figure out if we will have one of these beams on our balcony but its making my brain hurt lol. We are in 1657, 1659 and 1661 (the last 3 cabins port side aft) on the Solstice. We are/were looking forward to opening our dividers. Do we have a beam on any of them? Its really hard to tell from the far away pictures of the ship and I cannot find anything for that part of the ship.

Thanks in advance!

Which ship you are sailing; it likely makes a difference...

If you are sailing AquaClass on a Solstice-Class ship [ie; Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, and as of later this year, Reflection] the answer is probably so subject to the comments noted above...

If you are sailing AquaClass on a Millennium-Class ship that has been solsticized to include the addition of AquaClass [infinity, Summit, and by May, Millennium; Constellation will not add AquaClass until next year], the answer is probably not... Those cabins on Deck 9 that were previously Concierge Class but have been/will be converted to AquaClass never featured the opportunity to open dividers so as to join adjacent verandahs; that has not--to the best of my knowledge--changed... Though I have sailed in one of the new Deck 11 AquaClass cabins that have been added on Infinity, I can't say for certain if the opportunity to join verandahs is available or not...

Which ship you are sailing; it likely makes a difference...

If you are sailing AquaClass on a Solstice-Class ship [ie; Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, and as of later this year, Reflection] the answer is probably so subject to the comments noted above...

If you are sailing AquaClass on a Millennium-Class ship that has been solsticized to include the addition of AquaClass [infinity, Summit, and by May, Millennium; Constellation will not add AquaClass until next year], the answer is probably not... Those cabins on Deck 9 that were previously Concierge Class but have been/will be converted to AquaClass never featured the opportunity to open dividers so as to join adjacent verandahs; that has not--to the best of my knowledge--changed... Though I have sailed in one of the new Deck 11 AquaClass cabins that have been added on Infinity, I can't say for certain if the opportunity to join verandahs is available or not...

Oops sorry...we are on the Solstice.

It sounds like the beams are related to the supports for the buffet on the deck above us, but directly above our rooms are more cabins. That's why I'm hoping we won't have them.

For those that have seen the beams with the dividers open...is it terribly difficult to get through? Looks like you can just step over it?

Archived