For those who have sailed the Freedom-what do you do at night with your kids?

kittycruize

Hi everyone! Can those who have sailed the Freedom/Liberty tell me what you do at night with your kids? We have a 5 and 2 year old who most likely will not be in the kids clubs. If not, what do you usually do in the evenings after dinner? I don't think the shows are appropriate for the kids, so what do you do all night? We sailed Disney last year, and there is plenty to do along with the wonderful shows, but just am at a loss of what to do! Any suggestions? We don't want to book anything until we have an idea that there will be family activities! :)

Actually, unless the show is billed "Adult only" ( and they are very late-night) the shows are fine for kids...and even the little ones enjoy the lights and music, even if they don't grasp the whole show!

They will have singers, dancers, comedians (they might not understand the "humor" but unless it's a late night show, it's pretty inoffensive) and production shows.

There is a "screening room" where old movies are shown.

There is miniature golf. The pool. The arcade...whatever you do after dinner at home, can usually be done on the ship!

My kids LOVE the production shows and they are 5 and 2. We attend almost every one. The singing, dancing, costumes etc. are just an amazement to them and they sit . In fact when my son was 22 mo he stood up on my lap and proceeded to imitate the dancers moves on stage. It was such a priceless moment and had everyone around us in laughter. We also walk around, listen to any music playing on the decks, look at the stars and lights after dark out on the decks. There is plenty to do after dark. Your older one may enjoy the kids club and give you some one on one time with the younger one. Even if its a trip up to the lido deck for some ice cream after dark, its a special treat for your kids and outside of everyday ordinary activities.

At least 3 nights of our 8-day cruise on the Freedom last week they showed a kids movie on the Seaside Theater at the 8:00 PM showing. I remember Cats and Dogs 2 and Karate Kid 2. The evening is also a great time for the family to get in the hot tub together. It is almost always empty after 7:00 PM. When our kids were younger, we would put on our bathing suits after dinner and head to the pool and hot tub.

But, if you gradually introduce them to Camp Carnival, by the end of the week they might love it. I recommend attending the family open-play at CC the first night on the ship. This is the only time parents are allowed inside and you can get them acclimated to the room, counselors, and toys. They have awesome toys for the younger kids!

OP, when will you be sailing? Both Freedom and Liberty will have the Dreamworks Experience shortly (well, Liberty should have it now, Freedom will be getting it). You might look for parents' experiences on Oasis and Allure to see if that adds an additional element to entertainment (I believe there should be Dreamworks movies at the screening room, at the least). I don't think that Freedom and Liberty will get the full Dreamworks ice shows, but I'm not positive about that.

Hi everyone! Can those who have sailed the Freedom/Liberty tell me what you do at night with your kids? We have a 5 and 2 year old who most likely will not be in the kids clubs. If not, what do you usually do in the evenings after dinner? I don't think the shows are appropriate for the kids, so what do you do all night? We sailed Disney last year, and there is plenty to do along with the wonderful shows, but just am at a loss of what to do! Any suggestions? We don't want to book anything until we have an idea that there will be family activities! :)

OP, you need to be a tad more specific about your ship...Both Carnival and Royal have ships named Freedom...Some her assume you are sailing Carnival Freedom, others assume Freedom of the Seas...EM

Actually both cruise lines have ships named Freedom and Liberty........Carnival Freedom and Carnival Liberty and Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas.

The general ships shows are appropriate for ANY ages.....the adult only shows are labeled just that.

And there are different age guidelines between RCCL and Carnival regarding ages that are allowed in the kids clubs......so you really need to tell us which cruise line you are sailing on.

Archived