Parking In Miami

lsw0224

I will be driving to Miami for my upcoming cruise and trying to decide where to park. The port charges $20 per day and Miami Airport has parking avail for $8 per day but I would have to take a taxi. Which is the better option? I usually cruise with a group and get a limo so I'm a little concerned about driving to port of miami. If anyone has a better option I would love to hear it.

A cab from MIA to POM (or back from POM to MIA after your cruise) will cost a flat rate fo $24+tip - the ride takes about 15 minutes.

Check www.parksleepfly.com for hotels offering cruise parking deals.

As downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking :eek: just about all of the Miami and Miami Beach hotels offering these deals will be out near the MIA airport. If a shuttle is not offered both ways plan on paying just under $30 (including tip) for a cab to POM and/or back to your car.

Often suggested is the Embassy Suites near MIA - free happy hour :D, big rooms, and wonderful breakfast.

Good Luck! :)

I would not advise parking at the port. For the 3-day cruise it might not be a problem, but coming back from an 8 day is cruise with $160 fees in parking is not good at all. I suggest park somewhere else and get a taxi. I've found taxis to be quite reasonable around the port. I've also had hilarious conversations with some taxi drivers :D lol

I would not advise parking at the port. For the 3-day cruise it might not be a problem, but coming back from an 8 day is cruise with $160 fees in parking is not good at all. I suggest park somewhere else and get a taxi. I've found taxis to be quite reasonable around the port. I've also had hilarious conversations with some taxi drivers :D lol

Actually you pay the parking fees up front instead of when you come back. :rolleyes: While I agree that taxis are easy and cheap in Miami, coming back to find your car stolen or vandalized in some hotel parking lot can also make for a bad ending to a fun cruise. :eek:

Good luck! :)

You'll need to do the math and figure out which way is best for you.

On a recent 5day out of Miami with an overnight at a downtown hotel, the difference in price for parking at the Airport and taking taxis vs parking at the hotel and port was a difference of less than $5.

If you park at the airport, and take a shuttle back, they drop you off at the DEPARTURES, chances are your car will be more accessible from the ARRIVALS section. You may have to schlep your stuff through the airport and down thru baggage claim to get to the parking lot shuttles.

Archived