Can't go back to CCL

islahopper

I'm still new to cruising but so far have only used Carnival for a few reasons:

1. Price, Carnival's price allows me to cruise once a year and still take 3 - 4 land vacations.

2. Enjoy where I go, I haven't done enough cruises to worry about seeing the the same things over and over.

3. How I'm treated. Until I don't feel I'm treated well, then I haven't any reason not to use Carnival.

That doesn't mean I don't look at other cruiselines, it means if I can get where I want to go, at a better price and still enjoy myself on Carnival, for now Carnival is my answer.

I have greatly enjoyed all of my cruises on CCL, but after our cruise on the Oasis we can't go back. The food was better, the shows were better, the cabins were better and the service much better also the decor. I am not bashing CCL, I just think the extra cost of RCCL is well worth it.

What exactly was better about the cabins? We're thinking about booking the Oasis next year and we really like Carnival's cabins.

after test driving a Mustang Shelby I will never buy another Jeep:

Shelby: $70,000

Jeep: $26,000

If your RCCL cruise price would be the same as you would have paid on Carnival than good on you..if you paid more for a premium product than your comparison is not fair...My Jeep can swim, take its doors off, but takes 2.5 minutes 0 to 60...

I'm still new to cruising but so far have only used Carnival for a few reasons:

1. Price, Carnival's price allows me to cruise once a year and still take 3 - 4 land vacations.

2. Enjoy where I go, I haven't done enough cruises to worry about seeing the the same things over and over.

3. How I'm treated. Until I don't feel I'm treated well, then I haven't any reason not to use Carnival.

That doesn't mean I don't look at other cruiselines, it means if I can get where I want to go, at a better price and still enjoy myself on Carnival, for now Carnival is my answer.

Oasis is on our list in the next year as well, can't wait. But I would not judge all of RCI on that ship, my guess is if you sailed on, say Majesty of the Sea's it would be a lil' different experience......

I think you enjoyed the SHIP more than the line.

I would have to agree that you can't judge a line by one ship. We were on the Voyager of the Seas and were really disappointed in the food in the MDR. When docked next to the Conquest in MoBay I was wishing I could hop on the Conquest for a decent meal without paying for the alternative restaurant. We sailed the Voyager the same week last year and the food was great - one reason why we booked it again. Not a great idea to make a blanket statement about a cruise line based on a good or bad experience on one ship.

Unless things change, I doubt I will be booking Carnival any more in the near future. Thats why RCL is now looking better to me.

LOL... you have been saying that for awhile now, yet every other week you seem to be going on another Carnival cruise. :D

Variety's the spice of life!

well said! :D i'm just thankful that i can cruise on any ship/line that i choose. there are countless people that dont know where their next meal is coming from & i'm blessed that i can afford to cruise. :)

each ship/line has it's own appeal. yes, the oasis is limited to a few ports....but isn't that true of ALL cruise ships??? no matter what there are only a certain number of islands in the caribbean that ships visit & if u cruise often, you will have visited those islands on numerous occasions & the ship and/or your travel companions become a huge part of what ship/line/itinerary we select.

whenever and whatever ship/line u select....i hope u all have a great time and calm seas.

I have only been on RCI cruises, so I can't compare them to Carnival. I will be taking my first Carnival cruise in July. However, I can say that I have been on the Oasis of the Seas. This is RCI's best, biggest, greatest, etc.. all those wonderful words they use to describe it. Of course it is going to seem amazing to you. I don't think you can compare it to any other ship on RCI or Carnival because the Oasis is so different. Personally, the Oasis of the Seas wasn't the best fit for us. Yes, it was great to experience it, but I personally like the smaller ships where you can get to know people on a personal level. I never even met my room attendant on the Oasis (not that he didn't do a great job cleaning, but we missed the personal interaction). We were on Majesty a few months ago and everything was great as well. I think a cruise is what you make of it. We are crusing the exact same week in July on Carnival Legend this year that we cruised on Oasis last year. The price difference for two people is over $1700! And the Legend balcony is a premium extended balcony. The Oasis balcony was a regular sized one. As I mentioned before, I am glad that I experienced the Oasis, but I doubt that I will be cruising on the Oasis in the near future.

well said! :D i'm just thankful that i can cruise on any ship/line that i choose. there are countless people that dont know where their next meal is coming from & i'm blessed that i can afford to cruise. :)

each ship/line has it's own appeal. yes, the oasis is limited to a few ports....but isn't that true of ALL cruise ships??? no matter what there are only a certain number of islands in the caribbean that ships visit & if u cruise often, you will have visited those islands on numerous occasions & the ship and/or your travel companions become a huge part of what ship/line/itinerary we select.

whenever and whatever ship/line u select....i hope u all have a great time and calm seas.

amen:)

Hey you. Long time no talk to. Hope all is well up your way snow and all!!!!! By the way, well said.

we are trying NCL this Spring due to the great price for connecting OV's and the NYC departure AND

would love to try RCCL but the prices are a bit steep....but will still consider them because of all off the different cabin types they have..including...connecting insides...because we like to cruise alot..and get a good price...couldn't care less about balcony or window...as we live on the beach for most of the summer.

Would be sticking with CCL but we did the Canada itin with them and loved it...and had connecting OV's....but the Miracle has no such thing as connecting OV's...so there ya go

I happen to love both lines. I think food is subjective and it all depends on the ship. I have had great and not so hot on both lines.

Right now CCL is in our budget and allows us to cruise more.

I am the first to admit to being guilty! I always said I would never cruise CCL when I started on RCL. I am so glad I opened my mind and tried CCL as we love it and I think the beds are to die for.

I have also sailed Princess Ruby, inaugural. I was not impressed with service at all or the people but it was an inaugural and a work in progress. I had a horrible attitude about Princess after that experience. We made the best of our cruise and made our own fun. I will admit if the right deal comes along I would give them another try in a heartbeat!

Cruising is all of what you make of it and my outlook now is I am only loyal to myself. I will be at sea on which ever line gives me the best bang for the buck!

I can't wait to afford RCL prices again as I do love the ships. The much higher cost though is just not for me right now.

Keep an open mind and enjoy the open seas!

Be loyal to cruising!! If you limit yourself to just one line you will be missing out!

Happy sailing:D

Hey you. Long time no talk to. Hope all is well up your way snow and all!!!!! By the way, well said.

hey gordon!!! :D i was just checking out your beautiful pictures. Awesome job! i think you and i will cruise together next year on the april 2012 allure sailing.

What exactly was better about the cabins? We're thinking about booking the Oasis next year and we really like Carnival's cabins.

Was wondering the same thing! I don't mind reading comparisons of cruise lines, in fact I appreciate hearing how they differ.

Has the OP been back since starting the thread?

i have greatly enjoyed all of my cruises on ccl, but after our cruise on the oasis we can't go back. The food was better, the shows were better, the cabins were better and the service much better also the decor. I am not bashing ccl, i just think the extra cost of rccl is well worth it.

cya

Exactly. Not every Ford is a Mustang. Not every Dodge is a Caliber. Not every Chevy has an exploding gas tank. It's hard to judge any line by one ship, and completely possible to have both great and terrible experiences within every line.

Hope you don't mind; but I just took that saying and put it on my facebook. That is very nearly the most excellent saying ever!!! ;)

I said I would never cruise RCI but guess what? We are sailing on the Mariner OT Seas January 2012. We happen to find a cheaper cruise for our family. We will be back to Carnival just trying something else that happens to be in my budget at the time I want to cruise.

Good Bye

I have greatly enjoyed all of my cruises on CCL, but after our cruise on the Oasis we can't go back. The food was better, the shows were better, the cabins were better and the service much better also the decor. I am not bashing CCL, I just think the extra cost of RCCL is well worth it.

Enjoy!!!

Everyone picks their own cruise depeding upon expectation and what they are looking for.

Some enjoy higher fares, love all the for-fee dining options and don't mind being surrounded by 5000 people at a shopping mall nor having to travel to see the ocean.

Others enjoy the cruise experience.

Different strokes for different folks..Thats why they make both chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

And, thanks for letting us all know how substandard you find Carnival..We were waiting with baited breath.:cool:

OP

As usual the cheerleaders are out in force.

I wish that there were other alternatives, especially in the summer, becuase after my last Carnival cruise and the clear decline in service and food quality, I too am disillusioned, however since the summer alternatives are almost nonexistent, I will be back with Carnival, because any cruise is better than staying home. At least I know to have minimal expectations.

Glad you had a good time. I miss RCCL so much. They make you feel like a valued guest.

Archived