Would you feel comfortable going on the Splendor?

Bob Saget

How about I let you know after my sailings on Feb 27th and March 6th?

Can't wait for my Splendor B2B! :D

And I will be getting off the ship in each port and not hanging out in port area. :cool:

why do a b2b on one that goes to same ports both weeks?

Thinking about booking a cruise on the Splendor this spring. Should I be concerned because of the fire?

Would you personally cruise on the same ship with out hesitation?

No way to I ever get on a ship that has had a major engine room fire. Too many gremlins will be in the wiring for years to come. These things will not be obvious and are going to randomly happen for heaven only knows how long.

Ecstasy's fire was a big headline grabber back in 98. She was also crippled and set adrift, requiring tugs to get her back to port. She has had many years of uneventful service since, and hardly anyone even remembers that she had a fire.

Except that wasn't in her engine room.

Thinking about booking a cruise on the Splendor this spring. Should I be concerned because of the fire?

I would have no problem walking onto the Splendor. If anything they have taken more precautions now to make the ship safer.

How about I let you know after my sailings on Feb 27th and March 6th?

Can't wait for my Splendor B2B! :D

And I will be getting off the ship in each port and not hanging out in port area. :cool:

Lucky you!! I am going on the Splendor May 1. Would you be so kind to let us know about your trip when you get back? Have you heard anything about the Wild Dolphin and Snorkeling trip on PV?

Of course. Why would I worry?

When a ship comes out of drydock...for any reason...including a fire or other accident' date=' it still has to pass the same inspection as a new ship.[/quote']

Is Splendor Carnival's newest ship? Or is that only a Dream?

It will probably sail full house, with discounted fares, just to get people on her once again. Once the videos fade from memory, she may take on a life of her own, although she certainly appeared to be cursed.

And, no, I wouldn't sail on her.

Actually the ship is sold out, has been for weeks, and at the same prices you see on the other ships.

I am really looking forward to my cruise in 2 weeks.

We loved the Splendor, thru the fire, the captain having medical problems and the fact it hit another boat in PV, I'd sail her again.

My husband and I have been on 18 cruises so far. We have traveled all companies, different size ships and types of ships. We had a Princess ship list so much that the upper deck looked as if it was meeting the ocean. We were on the lower deck at the time. The furniture around the pool went flying, people held on and fortunately no one was hurt. We recently returned from taking a cruise on the Pride of America to Hawaii and something happened to one of its engines and we moved at 1/2 power getting into Kauai. We missed our morning tours and had to rebook everything we planned. The engine was repaired as we were in port for 24 hours. All was good the rest of the way to Honolulu. We have been on a many ships that we were unable to visit a port due to weather. When cruising, just like flying, one hopes for the best.:)

Heck yes!

We are booked already and going in 3 months, and again next year for our daughters wedding.

I don't really get the concern. With all the lost revenue already, and the bad publicity, Carnival is going to make sure the ship is fully repaired and safe for passengers. My cousin worked for Boeing for many years. She always said the safest airplane to get on is the one that had a recent mishap!:rolleyes::D

Archived