Sweet 16 cabin question on Summit

jenjes3

I have been reading some posts and often I hear the term.. the cabin was a Sweet 16.. what does this mean exactly and where are they located? It seems like they are located in the front on 6th floor.. don't you feel more movement up there? What are the perks of these cabins?

Thanks for your help! : )

On Millennium class ships, the first eight balcony cabins on each side of the ship on Penthouse deck forward have balconies that are twice as deep as the others on that deck, and are partially covered. they look straight down to the ocean, without lifeboats beneath them.

Sweet16.jpg

BG-36.jpg

View looking aft from 6030:

BG-35.jpg

BG-32.jpg

EM

Thank you for your response and photos.. do you feel more movement in this area of the ship? We usually stay mid ship or aft.... just wondering anyone's thoughts..

Thank you

Karen

We stayed in one last year and yes you feel a lot more movement. The room was nice as was the balcony.

The balcony is huge, but the location is way forward. If you don't mind the motion and the long walk to the MDR and buffet( at the rear of the ship), then it is a good place to be. I prefer midship deck 7 on the opposite side from the main elevators. I was in 7122 and it was perfect...quiet and close to most things. The only thing that was a long walk was the forward lounge. We went there a few times during the cruise to enjoy the view and have drink.

Sweet sixteens are a good deal for the money, vis-a-vis balcony size. However, the cabins are 20-25 square feet smaller than a C-1. Although we have always cruised in a C-1 (once they became available) we would have no problem being in a cabin close to the bow, since we love the motion in the evenings.

• 3 weeks later...

Found this thread from search. Thanks for the nice pictures and info. A few questions:

1. The 3 most forward balconies, does the steel casing block your view and does it bother anybody?

2. Again, the 3 forward balconies with the steel casing: Is the balcony blocked from the sun most of the time, or do we still get plenty of sunshine?

3. Most of the sweet 16's are 4-person cabins according to the deck plan (one upper booth and one sofa bed). If we book it with 2 people, will we get bumped?

Thanks in advance.

This is the balcony on 6016:

BG-18.jpg

BG-17.jpg

BG-16.jpg

I was upgraded into 6030 as a solo, so yes, they will allow you to book a quad as a couple. I did not experience much motion...The front two cabins have the most privacy...If you were considering joining the balcony club...EM

This is the balcony on 6016:

BG-18.jpg

BG-17.jpg

BG-16.jpg

I was upgraded into 6030 as a solo, so yes, they will allow you to book a quad as a couple. I did not experience much motion...The front two cabins have the most privacy...If you were considering joining the balcony club...EM

Thank you so much for this picture. I am in this cabin for my upcoming cruise. The picture helps so much!

we are booked on a sweet 16 on the millie in april.

October, we had an aft corner and an aft center. ( it was a b2b, and we did the cabin shuffle after the first cruise.

8181:

Url=http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2983928190063830326inskga]2983928190063830326s600x600q85.jpg[/url]

9160:

2573553630063830326s600x600q85.jpg

now thats a balcony!!!!!

Yes, Sue...We have been busy and have three planned, the first one next Monday on Carnival Fascination. then May i, we will be on solstice to Barcelona, and in Oct. Caribbean Princess from NYC to FLL. Love those repo bargains! Carolyn

• 2 years later...
On Millennium class ships, the first eight balcony cabins on each side of the ship on Penthouse deck forward have balconies that are twice as deep as the others on that deck, and are partially covered. they look straight down to the ocean, without lifeboats beneath them.

Sweet16.jpg

BG-36.jpg

View looking aft from 6030:

BG-35.jpg

BG-32.jpg

EM

I am on Deck 7 on the Infinity sailing June 24 so thanks for the information for future reference.

Archived