Are MDR menus same across the fleet?

rubens

There are several posts with menus on a particular ship but can someone clearify if MDR (not specialty restaurants) menus are the same across the fleet - I mean same on Solstice and Millenium class

:confused:

Similar but not necessarily identical. It depends on the port of embarkation, length of cruise, availability of local supplies/produce, etc. Does it really matter though? You know that you are going to get a choice of 5-6 entrees, including veggie, pork, fish, beef, pasta, etc? I've found the specialty restaurants between ships to be quite consistent though.

Yes they are. I asked one of the Executive Chefs if he could modify items and he said that he couldn't. He described his job as the "bus driver". He simply keeps things moving in the galley. Asked him if he would like input into the menu and he said "yes", but all items are approved by JVS. There is a central purchasing department for all the ships so that uniformity is cost effective.

They have the same set of 14 menus on each ship. When I sailed more than once in the same year, I saw the same menus again in the same order. If you take the galley tour, you will see the menus posted along with pictures showing how the dishes are to be arranged. This is mass market cruising. They profit from mass market purchasing. There are some things that you can get that are not on the regular menus. Calamari. We loved it.

Archived