Is the hot tub at Nachi Cocom working?

klmorg

I've seen various reports that the hot tub at Nachi Cocom in Cozumel is cold. We also experienced this about a year ago. Can anyone who has been there recently report on the hot tub, please? I love that place, but do wonder what's up with the hot tub. We're taking a newbie next month. Thanks!

I've seen various reports that the hot tub at Nachi Cocom in Cozumel is cold. We also experienced this about a year ago. Can anyone who has been there recently report on the hot tub, please? I love that place, but do wonder what's up with the hot tub. We're taking a newbie next month. Thanks!

Its kind of funny you made this thread because I was going to also. I have read it 3 differ places now in the last few weeks and its got me worried for April now. Exact same reason, ive been talking it up like heaven to a newbie and really dont wanna eat crow on this! :D;):D

Posting this on the Cozumel board might get you more responses as other cruise line passengers post there. There are several threads on Nachi you might also look at a couple of recent ones.

Posting this on the Cozumel board might get you more responses as other cruise line passengers post there. There are several threads on Nachi you might also look at a couple of recent ones.

I have tried searching there, and haven't seen any recent reports, but you know how the search goes sometimes. I'm sure this will be moved to that board, but my experience has been that Carnival cruisers are in the know and most helpful. :)

Were there a couple weeks ago. The bubbles do work in the Jaccuzi, but it is definitely not a hot tub! It was chilly. Warmer than the pool, which had ice floating in it :D.

IMHO, you will spend most of the time on the beach. Pool heaters would be an excellent addition at Nachi, since the pool and Jaccuzi are too cold for comfort in the Winter!

I'm thinking it is because the pool directly connects to the hot tub & is not really a separate structure, so it likely will never be real warm since the pool water is pretty cold. I agree that we won't spend a whole lot of time in there; that beach is too darn pretty. But was just curious about that tub... thanks all!

We just returned from there last week and the hot tub is just barely warm, the pool cold. It was our first time to Nachi Cocum and we were disappointed. It was not what we expected at all (based on reviews here). The food was average at best (I had much better fajitas and chips at Chankanaab) and the service was poor. When we wanted a drink or anything, we had to go to the bar or find our waiter somewhere (he was usually just hanging around with other waiters in the restaurants talking).

We had very attentive service and the food selection was better than on the ship! Lots of fresh seafood on the menu. No complaints at all, other than the disappointment of not being able to use the swim-up bar at the pool.

I did wade in the hot tub long enough to get a drink from the bar while we waited on some people in the restrooms. The tub is a barely tolerable temperature and the bubbles are very nice on the feat / bottom when you are in there.

Archived