Marina Pricing

crooser888

After sailing on mostly Cunard, Holland America and Disney, we are ready for Oceania, Crystal and Seabourne, now that the kids are almost out the door to college.

Anyone notice the large difference in prices between inside and all other cabins on the Marina? On Jan 3, 2012, for 10 day Carib. sailing, Cat G inside at $1299 and Cat F inside at $1499 are all sold out. Next is Cat C outside, beautiful floor to ceiling windows, but at $2499 is $1200 more, almost double, the price of the Cat G. Cat C is now waitlist so there is some interest. However, lots of B4 balcony at $3199 and higher categories are all available.

I hope that O management will see that the price differential is too large and either increase the inside prices or bring down the oceanview and balcony prices.

Thoughts, anyone?

Most of the higher priced cabins have a view & more space than the insides so maybe that is a factor in pricing.

You get the same treatment on board no matter what cabin you choose

Pick one in your budget & enjoy;)

Lyn

After sailing on mostly Cunard, Holland America and Disney, we are ready for Oceania, Crystal and Seabourne, now that the kids are almost out the door to college.

Anyone notice the large difference in prices between inside and all other cabins on the Marina? On Jan 3, 2012, for 10 day Carib. sailing, Cat G inside at $1299 and Cat F inside at $1499 are all sold out. Next is Cat C outside, beautiful floor to ceiling windows, but at $2499 is $1200 more, almost double, the price of the Cat G. Cat C is now waitlist so there is some interest. However, lots of B4 balcony at $3199 and higher categories are all available.

I hope that O management will see that the price differential is too large and either increase the inside prices or bring down the oceanview and balcony prices.

Thoughts, anyone?

Lots of reasons for the pricing...

1) Supply and demand...They eventually sell out all of those higher priced cabins...people want balconies...so they can afford to price them high...

2) Marketing...Advertising "Prices starting at $1299" gets people's attention and makes them look more competitive with some other lines...It always helps to be able to offer a few of your cabins as "loss leaders"...Same as in every other business...Ever see a car ad with a low price and then, in small print "3 at this price"?? Same thing...If you want that car in that color with those features, you get a heck of a deal...They know most of their buyers want more...but the loss leader gets them in the door...

So, if you are willing to take that inside cabin, you get a heck of a price...and, of course, some people know that and grab those cabins fast...

I did my first O cruise in an inside...and it was a great cruise...I got to go to the same ports and ate the same food and just didn't spend much time in my cabin...The cabin was actually approximately the same size as the other cabins...just with no balcony or window (actually, that lowest category window cabin is much smaller, not the insides)...

My next O cruise was in Concierge class...and, obviously, we enjoyed all the extra aspects...but, it's a weighing thing...You ask yourself if the differences are worth the price? If ity's not worth it to you, go for the cheap inside, enjoy the cruise and use the money differential on other things...

The large difference is due to the fact that 2 categories were eliminated for Marina. Cats D and E are gone, so the inside cabins' price is way lower than a Cat C1. If you look at the prices for the Nautica you will see cats from G thru A1 (and then of course penthouse); and if you look at Marina, it is Cat G, F, and then C!! That is why there is a big difference!! The prices for the R ships and the Marina are quite comparable. Arlene;)

Archived