When you ordered liquor from Bon Voyage....

alreadypacked

Was it already in your cabin when you first got to your room?

I ask, because on my cruise this past October, our BV liquor was not in our room when we got there. Eventually, I went to guest services and was told that they don't leave it in the room before the guest gets there--that they only deliver it when they know the guest will be in the room so the guest can sign for it.

This was my first time ordering from BV, but from what I read here on cc, I thought it would already be in our room when we arrived.:confused:

I ask, because on my cruise this past October, our BV liquor was not in our room when we got there. Eventually, I went to guest services and was told that they don't leave it in the room before the guest gets there--that they only deliver it when they know the guest will be in the room so the guest can sign for it.

This was my first time ordering from BV, but from what I read here on cc, I thought it would already be in our room when we arrived.:confused:

I ordered a bottle of rum from BV on our last cruise--first time I've ever ordered. It was in the room when I got there and I never signed a thing.

Have been told it depends on the port. Just got off a b2b in Mobile and they said when I ordered wouldn't be delivered til the day after getting on ship between 12-3. They were knocking on the cabin door at 9 am delivering and yes I had to sign for it.......that evening. Go figure. First time we had to do that. Have had it in room upon arrival, in room after dinner the first night and not til the next day. I don't remember which ports do what sorry.

It's nice when it get's there!

Kat

Have been told it depends on the port. Just got off a b2b in Mobile and they said when I ordered wouldn't be delivered til the day after getting on ship between 12-3. They were knocking on the cabin door at 9 am delivering and yes I had to sign for it.......that evening. Go figure. First time we had to do that. Have had it in room upon arrival, in room after dinner the first night and not til the next day. I don't remember which ports do what sorry.

Kat

I was just looking at gifts on the Carnival website. It does say that on cruises leaving from Texas and Alabama some gifts items will be delivered the next day.

From Carnival site:

Note! Please note, due to restrictions with "Alabama and Texas Liquor Laws"

We are unable to deliver select gift items at Embarkation. Some items are delivered the following day.

Kat

I was just looking at gifts on the Carnival website. It does say that on cruises leaving from Texas and Alabama some gifts items will be delivered the next day.

From Carnival site:

Note! Please note, due to restrictions with "Alabama and Texas Liquor Laws"

We are unable to deliver select gift items at Embarkation. Some items are delivered the following day.

We were on the Valor leaving from Miami.

Im trying to pull up the different liquor options in Bon Voyage but cant find it.. what section is it located under?

I don't believe the liquor options are on the website, you have to call in to order it.

Yes, you do have to call to order it - here's the price list:

Bon Voyage – 1-800-522-7648

Price List as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Segrams 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewars $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp?) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 ounce bottle $4.95

Corona – 330ML - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Maybe it's just the ship policy.

I order almost every cruise....and it's always there when I arrive...with a nice big Carnival ribbon bow on it.....

Can you order liquor from Bon Voyage once on the ship or do you have to do it before?

The prices are high but would save money, however my question is what about the beer prices? Are the beer prices cheaper than buying the individual beers at the bar or the buckets of beer?

Beer prices are the same.. I have ordered buckets of beer thru room service.. for the late nite deck parties we have after the bars are closed... ;)

I have ordered on my last 2 cruises, both out of San Diego....

On the Elation, it was waiting for me in room, and on the Spirit, it wasn't delivered until about 7.

I'm not sure, since the alcohol is loaded at each port, since it is wrapped all pretty, if that is done on board, or prior to be loaded on ship. Maybe with BV ordering becoming more popular, it is taking longer to wrap them all onboard and get delivered to cabins.

I was in my room when Food and Beverage services came around with the cart of bottles...it was pretty full and I didn't have to sign for it.

My Spirit cruise was just recent. ( end of Oct.)

It is my understanding that Liquor cannot be delivered to your room before sailing out of Galveston due to draconion Texas liqour laws. I believe it is delivered on day2. We ordered Bon Voyage out of Vancouver and it was waiting for us when we arrived at our cabin.

<a href=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/5042084285_414f2f2d9e.jpg' alt='5042084285_414f2f2d9e.jpg'> Bon Voyage Package by capndinghy, on Flickr[/img]

We ordered a Bon Voyage Package and were very suprised when it was waiting for us in the cabin.

We didn't want to pay state sales tax and BV said it would be brought to our room after Pride set sail.

MORAL - We got our beer and drank it too!;)

Thank you so much for the price info.. I was just looking for an approximate on them so I know what I can budget for DH to get some rum.. In past, we've brought on our own, but with the way they are cracking down on it all, I figured it would be best to just cough it up and pay the $$ so he can have it and be happy..

have a great one!

We order from Bon Voyage and leave out of Galveston. Most of the time the liquor is delivered several hours after sail-away. Only time it was in the cabin when we arrived, was when we sailed after Ike, and we were the first ship to sail out of Galveston harbor.

Yes, you do have to call to order it - here's the price list:

Bon Voyage – 1-800-522-7648

Price List as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Segrams 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewars $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp?) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 ounce bottle $4.95

Corona – 330ML - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

I've been told that Captain Morgan is now $55.

Pretty sweet idea....I'll call and see how much for a bottle of Beafeaters Gin....anyone know the size bottle?? I can bring on a bottle of wine too?? and a 12pk of soda(mixer)....this should carry me through most of the cruise!! Just a little bummed that there are no coffeemakers in the suites...our last cabin on NCL had a coffeemaker and that was very nice to wake up and make coffee and enjoy the quiet morning on the deck before facing the crowds...guess we will just have to order coffee via roomservice....

Does anyone know if they will deliver a pot of coffee? or just individual cups?

Pretty sweet idea....I'll call and see how much for a bottle of Beafeaters Gin....anyone know the size bottle?? I can bring on a bottle of wine too?? and a 12pk of soda(mixer)....this should carry me through most of the cruise!! Just a little bummed that there are no coffeemakers in the suites...our last cabin on NCL had a coffeemaker and that was very nice to wake up and make coffee and enjoy the quiet morning on the deck before facing the crowds...guess we will just have to order coffee via roomservice....

Does anyone know if they will deliver a pot of coffee? or just individual cups?

They deliver a pot

Archived