TBD, second phase

• Statendam: Mar. 26-Apr. 11, 2010, first phase; Dec. 2012, second phase

First Cruise: 14-day Southern Caribbean roundtrip from

Fort Lauderdale, Apr. 11, 2010; TBD, second phase

• Maasdam: Apr. 4-Apr. 24, 2011; Fall 2013, second phase

First Cruise: 13-day Canada/New England from

Fort Lauderdale to New York, Apr. 24, 2011, first phase; TBD, second phase

Following information provided by: trvlcrzy on 2 January 2011

The 2011 spreadsheet for HAL's fleet locations lists the following events. This in no way guarantees that some future changes won't occur!

Dry Docks for 2011 -- in date order... (I realize that some concerned folks want to know the difference between dry and wet docks... I am only using the term as listed in HAL's spreadsheet)

Volendam – March 31, 2011 through April 13, 2011 (in Singapore) before doing a Far East itinerary and a Trans-Pacific crossing to Alaskan itineraries

Eurodam – April 2, 2011 through April 11, 2011 (in Freeport, Bahamas) before the Trans-Atlantic sailing on April 12

Maasdam – April 8, 2011 through April 23, 2011 (in Freeport, Bahamas) before changing to New England/Canada itineraries

Veendam – April 15, 2011 through April 28, 2011 (in Freeport, Bahamas) before changing to the Bermuda itineraries

Oosterdam – September 25, 2011 through October 3, 2011 (in Victoria, BC) before changing to Mexican Riviera itineraries

I guess under construction means drydock. I might?? have figured that out if I had seen the site map page before. Also, thanks for forwarding the more complete information and the location for accessing in the future. You cruise critic people are great!

Dry Docks vary for the ships -- some have just normal maintenance -- cleaning of the carpets -- the hull cleaned -- painting -- etc.

The really only major one happening soon will be the Maasdam when she will have the Mix added, the showroon at sea and the lanai cabins.

Volendam may be getting a little more than everyone is expecting, but I haven't heard anything solid so don't want to get any more detailed than that. But yes, by far Maasdam will be the most in depth. She will basically be a new ship when it's over

DBA:

I just hope they do not do to the Maasdam what they did to the VEENDAM

I don't know; my daughter (age 11) can't wait to see the "poolette" on the Veendam she's read about. :D Speaking of the Veendam, is she getting fitted with a new fuel for her Antarctic voyages? I thought I read that here somewhere. We are excited about our upcoming cruise on her in June. I am hoping she is in tip top shape after her dry dock because we are bringing 5 new cruisers aboard with us. We want her to make a good impression.;)

Diane

Archived