My Review from 23 Jan Sailing

AF-1

Just read your review. Very well done, thanks:D I'll be sailing Allure in May. I was wondering about the Rising Tide Bar. How does it actually work? Do you get on it on one floor and then you can leave it on another? How often does it go up and down?

Just read your review. Very well done, thanks:D I'll be sailing Allure in May. I was wondering about the Rising Tide Bar. How does it actually work? Do you get on it on one floor and then you can leave it on another? How often does it go up and down?

You can enter or exit on either the promenade level or central park. You can stay on as long as you like. It varies how often it goes up and down.

Wonderful review, just what I was looking for. We have 9717, so would you say that the bed is beside the closet? A big question has been if we could watch the aqua shows, thankfully we can. Hope you can get back onboard soon!

Enjoyed reading your review! My mother and I are going on Allure in September. Son and I were on Oasis in December. Alan was the cruise director on Oasis. I see he has moved over to Allure. Is that a permanent thing? I thought Ken Rush was cruise director on Allure. I really liked Alan, so if he's on there for a while now, that's fine by me! The video email thing... that's in On Air club? I didn't see that on Oasis, and will check it out for sure on Allure. Thanks!

Hi- enjoyed reading your review! I hope to be on the Allure in May 2012 with my kids. Only have a couple of questions: So by booking online ahead of time, you were able to basically see every possible show? I mean they were scheduled so that you could catch all of them at one time or another without missing anything big? How far ahead of the cruise did you start booking?

Re: Ritas- it cost 6.95 but you shared a plate, so did they still charge the fee for both of you, I'm guessing?

Thanks! Glad you had a good time!

I know someone answered your question, but I will go a little more in depth. You can board on deck 5 or 8. It takes the bar around four minutes to get from deck five to six, and four minutes from deck 6 to 8. Once it arrives on deck 8(which is in the middle of central park, right in front of Chops Steakhouse), it will sit for about 10 minutes; waiting on people to get off and new ones to get on. It will also sit for 10 min or so on the Royal Promenade(deck 5)

Enjoyed reading your review! My mother and I are going on Allure in September. Son and I were on Oasis in December. Alan was the cruise director on Oasis. I see he has moved over to Allure. Is that a permanent thing? I thought Ken Rush was cruise director on Allure. I really liked Alan, so if he's on there for a while now, that's fine by me! The video email thing... that's in On Air club? I didn't see that on Oasis, and will check it out for sure on Allure. Thanks!

Alan will be on Allure for at least six months; On Air Club on Royal Promendade (deck5) has the free video emails.

I know someone answered your question, but I will go a little more in depth. You can board on deck 5 or 8. It takes the bar around four minutes to get from deck five to six, and four minutes from deck 6 to 8. Once it arrives on deck 8(which is in the middle of central park, right in front of Chops Steakhouse), it will sit for about 10 minutes; waiting on people to get off and new ones to get on. It will also sit for 10 min or so on the Royal Promenade(deck 5)

Thank you for your reply. This is what I needed to know. My cabin is on Deck 8 near Central Park so this is helpful. We can have a nightcap and get off in Central Park and go to our cabin. ;)

Hi- enjoyed reading your review! I hope to be on the Allure in May 2012 with my kids. Only have a couple of questions: So by booking online ahead of time, you were able to basically see every possible show? I mean they were scheduled so that you could catch all of them at one time or another without missing anything big? How far ahead of the cruise did you start booking?

Re: Ritas- it cost 6.95 but you shared a plate, so did they still charge the fee for both of you, I'm guessing?

Thanks! Glad you had a good time!

You can start booking shows 90 days out and when final payment is made. The showtimes will vary; based on your dining options; if u eat early 6pm or late 8:30pm they have shows for you. I will caution you; if you have late dinner seating, some of the shows you see will not start until 10:45; this is beacuse u will still be in the dining room till 10:15-10:30. If u eat at Rita's they have a cover charge; I did not ask them if sharing a plate constituted two cover charges or one. Sorry

Sorry to go off topic, but is the early seating better, then? I want to experience the MDR, but I don't want to miss any shows. And I don't really want to pay for a lot of specialty dining, either. I plan to try a couple of them, but figured most of the time I'd take advantage of what's included.

Thanks!

Oklacruisermom, I did pretty much what you plan on doing. I did Rita's Cantina and Chops; the rest of the time I did MDR. We did Chops on Thursday; our dining room waiter said Sunday night and Thursday night are no big deal for food in MDR; we did Rita's for Sunday lunch and Chops for dinner on Thursday. Friday is 2nd formal night and they serve Lobster in MDR. Also, MDR for lunch is great. They have an abbreviated menu; but they have a great salad bar.

Archived