Dinner on shore

ChiBearsSuperFan

Thank you for the reference sites. Any personal recommendations?

My recommendation?? Become a Packer fan... ;)

It's not often you see the words "Chicago Bears" and "Super" in the same phrase...:D

Sorry, couldn't resist. Still basking in the glow of yesterday's huge victory.

Wow........

I was going to mention a long standing, really good restaurant we've dined in a number of times but I just googled them and found a notice of 'goodbye'. They seem to have closed. Sad. It was a 'tradition' and really lovely restaurant.

Wow........

I was going to mention a long standing, really good restaurant we've dined in a number of times but I just googled them and found a notice of 'goodbye'. They seem to have closed. Sad. It was a 'tradition' and really lovely restaurant.

For a fine dining substitute for CM you may wish to look at Windows on Aruba.

• 2 weeks later...
Dining on the beach:

1 - Passions

2 - Pincho's

3 - Simply Fish (Marriott)

4 - Matthew's (Casa Del Mar)

My favorites in that order. Be sure to make reservations on line ahead of time.

Thank you for the suggestions.

I checked out the website for Passions and it looks amazing . . . this question is for someone that has been there - we are only in port until 8, which means that we probably have to be on the ship by 7:30. It is not open until 6 so I am guessing that we are pushing our luck, aren't we? :(

I checked out the website for Passions and it looks amazing . . . this question is for someone that has been there - we are only in port until 8, which means that we probably have to be on the ship by 7:30. It is not open until 6 so I am guessing that we are pushing our luck, aren't we? :(

I have never been to Passions, but that does seem like a tight schedule. Even if you had the 6:00pm seating, that would give you an hour to eat, assuming it's within a 30 minute drive of the pier. That would be pushing it.

Maybe you can find another restaurant that opens earlier.

Our ship will be in port until midnight, so we will have plenty of time and Passions looks like a possibility for us. Good luck!

I would email and ask them if they are able to accommodate you within your time frame. Imo, if you look at the menu beforehand, have an idea of what you would like and order almost immediately after arriving.

We ate at Passions on Valentine's Day and the whole process took almost two hours. Ofcourse, we were in no hurry. I don't know how quickly we could have finished if we had told them we didn't have much time. Considering you have to have transportation back to the ship, that might put you in a bind. It takes about 15 minutes or so to get back to the port, but sometimes traffic can get very heavy in town. Also, since they don't open until 6:00, there was a line of people waiting so it took a while to get seated.

Chalet swiss. Short cab ride from the cruise terminal or bus ride. It will st op right in front. You can reserve online before your cruise. T he food is great and service is awesome. You actually have to ask t hem to slow down. ask for a nice table for 2 ocean view. You will not be dissapointed. They do have a website. We have ate there alot and have never been dissapointed. There toblerone fondue is to die for.

I love Chalet Suisse. They have tables with an ocean view???? I never realized you could see the ocean from there.

they have a really nice little table two right at a big window very private and it is looking towards the ocean.

For a fine dining substitute for CM you may wish to look at Windows on Aruba.

Thanks, Arubalisa.

Windows on Aruba looks really nice. Very different decor but perhaps that is one reason CM became 'dated'.

About how far is this place from the docks?

Thanks, Arubalisa.

Windows on Aruba looks really nice. Very different decor but perhaps that is one reason CM became 'dated'.

About how far is this place from the docks?

Windows is less than two miles from the cruise terminal. It is located here on this map http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5301829&lon=-70.0513172&z=15&l=0&m=b in the center of the Divi Links property.

We have dined there twice, but from one of my reviews:

"
Upon arriving and having a reservation we thought it a bit odd that we were asked to have a seat at the bar while our table was readied. There were plenty of open tables. After about 10 minutes we were led to our window side table. That was what the wait for and it was worth it. We had a table overlooking the Divi Link’s island green as well the swimming pool. The entire restaurant is very elegant with beautiful floor to ceiling windows, large elaborate armed chairs and granite topped tables with linen tablecloths or linen runners.

Our dinner consisted of Tuna and teriyaki...Tuna tataki with seaweed, curry mayonnaise and teriyaki sauce as well as two orders of Scallops and mango...Grilled scallop, gratinated scallop and pan fried scallop with sea weed salad and mango papaya chutney.

Entrees were two orders of Sea bass and risotto...Atlantic sea bass fillet, jumbo shrimp, spinach risotto and white wine sauce with flying fish caviar and Tenderloin and beans...US black Angus tenderloin, mashed potato, spring vegetables and a port sauce.

Everything was delicious and beautiful arranged. I don’t remember what dessert consisted of, but I am sure dh and dd had something chocolate."

If you go during day light hours, request a table overlooking the ocean. :) Your favorite cruise line I believe ;)

zmbssbgsbdivrdll.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We re thinking about spending a week in Aruba this summer.... I know, summer in the Caribbean :eek: but we have always loved it.

Our favorite cruise line doesn't sail the Caribbean in the late spring, summer, fall so we think a resort stay would be nice.

We will definitely try Windows on Aruba. Sounds and looks outstanding.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Archived