Inside cabins, are they so bad?

Invincible

WHy do I have this feeling that those who have balconies, take their own booze aboard, just sit on their balcony having adrink, don't go to the bars and the only time they' meet anyone at all is at dinner? I'm probably wrong, but it sounds like it!

Want to see my bar bill? :D

Gin is far cheaper onboard than we can buy it anyway.

Ha ha, on Artemis, I met a very nice lady who was in a suite. She was in the coffee bar most days with a couple of friends. She was hardly ever in her cabin. I guess she was far too sociable :-( (hee hee )

Good for her, but rather a waste of time spending a lot of money on a suite in order to sit in the coffee bar, BUT when she finished the coffee did she & her friends move on to allow others to use the seats?

I fail to seen why people think it's snobby to observe that people who have cabins they don't spend any time will spend time elsewhere. What I do think is those who choose the cheaper cabins have some sort of chip on their shoulder over their choice & if anything ever comes up about cabins they play the snobbery card, when in reality it is imagined.

WHy do I have this feeling that those who have balconies, take their own booze aboard, just sit on their balcony having adrink, don't go to the bars and the only time they' meet anyone at all is at dinner? I'm probably wrong, but it sounds like it!

You're certainly wrong about us, as we use all the facilities of the ship. On sea days we'll spend time listening to the talks, walking and chatting round the promenade deck, going to the cinema, sitting with a coffee, chatting by the pool, shopping, having lunch in the restaurant / self-service etc etc. However we also love the calm our balcony provides, as I said before, so we can get away from the hustle and bustle for a while. It's quite nice for us just to have some time together relaxing - which is what holidays are about. And yes, we do have a glass of bubbly as we're getting ready but enjoy meeting people during dinner and in the bars etc afterwards.

Good for her, but rather a waste of time spending a lot of money on a suite in order to sit in the coffee bar, BUT when she finished the coffee did she & her friends move on to allow others to use the seats?

I fail to seen why people think it's snobby to observe that people who have cabins they don't spend any time will spend time elsewhere. What I do think is those who choose the cheaper cabins have some sort of chip on their shoulder over their choice & if anything ever comes up about cabins they play the snobbery card, when in reality it is imagined.

I think you have made your point now Quercus - more than once. Those of us who book inside cabins ar never going to agree with your point and you are never going to agree with ours so perhaps it is time to let this thread rest now.

Well said Sharon. I think Quercus has a thing about those in inside cabins. I have enjoyed all our inside cabins and I also enjoyed our window cabins on Artemis, as that ship has no inside cabins at all. I like to enjoy most of the activities on the ship and I don't care if people hog seats in the coffee bars, as I don't tend to use them :-)

LOL - well said. Not sure I've ever seen folk generalised like that. Those in inside cabins hogging the coffee bar or sunbeds! Hilarious. Wonder how many sunbed reservers have balcony cabins. Need to do a survey!

With reference to the "Sunbed hogging" I was referring to this statement.

''I guess you also reserve a few Sun beds and seats in the Show lounge with Books, Cardigans etc. ''

I think you have made your point now Quercus - more than once. Those of us who bok inside cabins ar never going to agree with your point and you are never going to agree with ours so perhaps it is time to let this thread rest now.

Ah, I see, others can make points & query what I say but if I answer then I get accused of making a point more than once. I have not said there is anything wrong with inside cabins, those who choose them have done this by saying they spend no time in them. This is the only place I have seen seat hoggers praised! I don't see why people should hog seats anywhere, but in an area where the seats are for those buying a product it is worse. Just because people book cabins they don't want to sit in shouldn't be a reason to use seats up that are for all the rest of the passengers. Virtually nobody mentions snobbery except people who choose inside cabins & if anyone has a thing about it, it is them.

I was told this site was full of unfriendly people just looking for a fight, this appears to be true & once admin join in with it that is the time to leave as it is pointless.

So I am off, you can keep it thanks.

Ah, I see, others can make points & query what I say but if I answer then I get accused of making a point more than once. I have not said there is anything wrong with inside cabins, those who choose them have done this by saying they spend no time in them. This is the only place I have seen seat hoggers praised! I don't see why people should hog seats anywhere, but in an area where the seats are for those buying a product it is worse. Just because people book cabins they don't want to sit in shouldn't be a reason to use seats up that are for all the rest of the passengers. Virtually nobody mentions snobbery except people who choose inside cabins & if anyone has a thing about it, it is them.

I was told this site was full of unfriendly people just looking for a fight, this appears to be true & once admin join in with it that is the time to leave as it is pointless.

Quercus given the amount of people who reacted to your points , perhaps you should read back and ret to see it from others viewpoints , i'm sure no harm or "i'm better than you" attitude was intended however it was how i read it and how others veiwed , so perhaps a little humility would help , the choice to leave the forum is of course up to you , but i think you've gone a tad far in claiming it was unfriendly , as a fairly new cruiser (and completely new to P&O) this site has been a godsend and one of the friendliest and most helpful that i have posted on.

Hope you enjoy all of your future cruises.

Iain

Quercus given the amount of people who reacted to your points , perhaps you should read back and ret to see it from others viewpoints , i'm sure no harm or "i'm better than you" attitude was intended however it was how i read it and how others veiwed , so perhaps a little humility would help , the choice to leave the forum is of course up to you , but i think you've gone a tad far in claiming it was unfriendly , as a fairly new cruiser (and completely new to P&O) this site has been a godsend and one of the friendliest and most helpful that i have posted on.

Hope you enjoy all of your future cruises.

Iain

Iain - I would agree. I've had loads of help on this site and it's sooooooo much easier to navigate than the P&O one.

All I meant was that we are all going round in the same circles so it seems pointless to continue this particular thread. I am sorry you regard us as unfriendly. Perhaps if you continue to join in with other discussions you may change your mind about us.

Archived