Oasis - Deck 8 inside vs Deck 3 ocean view

metairiegal

RE: Oasis

Dh and I are trying to decide between an standard inside cabin (#8518) on deck 8 vs an ocean view cabin (#3198) on deck 3.

(The inside is on the Central Park deck and is $400 less.)

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

I think a lot depends on your age and mobility. Im getting more and more to wanting convenience over a window. .. even when the window is not extra, but a lower deck Iv been chosing the higher deck cabins.

The PRs on Oasis are out of sight. I like PRs over OVs, but thats just me, we love them. Im not a balcony person, and love people watching.

Id choose the inside on deck 8 .. but thats me. You might not mind walking further, waiting longer for elevators, not being close enough to run up a few staircases etc..

We did a OV on Voyager, which is RCL so should be somewhat similar. The OV windows are HUGE, like over 5 feet in diameter.. just inconvient. I would not choose one again though we loved the cabin itself.

Picture213.jpg

Picture214.jpg

it happened by chance to be a connecting room hence we had this chair instead of the regular sofa.

Picture218.jpg

you can see the window is enormous .. and the cabin beautiful and larger than a inside.

Thanks for the replies and pictures. I am leaning towards the inside cabin. But.........

We usually always go with inside cabins, except last year on the Emerald Princess we had an obstructed view (we were lucky and it wasn't obstructed hardly at all) and having light in the room, knowing if it was am or pm, and getting to see if you were actually moving or in port was fantastic. I thought I got spoiled having light in the cabin so now I'm kinda scared going back to an inside.

But then again, I really would love to be on the Central Park deck!

I booked the cruise 3 or 4 nights before it left, very last minute inside gty. They upgraded us free to a OV. So, we didnt pay extra for it. A whole bunch of us down there booked last minute. They must have a hard time filling those low deck OVs to give them away for free to at least 8 of us. .. just where my cabin was and the people I asked.

Archived