UK Blog Post: It’s better at the back!

LauraS

• Administrators

On the Cruise Critic forum today, members are busy extolling the virtues of an aft cabin. Not all ships have cabins straight across the back, or the fantail as it’s sometimes called, but on those that do, like those of Carnival and NCL, this accommodation tends to get snapped up quickly. It generally comes with [...]

More...

We had an aft cabin on Ruby Princess last Summer and loved, loved, loved it!! We felt no movement or vibration at all, although I have to say we were in the Med in fabulous weather. It was a really quiet location and our balcony was huge: we had 2 loungers, 2 sun-beds, 2 tables and space to move around. It was truly amazing to watch the ports of call disappear into the distance or to go through the Straits of Messina and see both coastlines. Yes, it's a longer walk to restaurants etc but we're only talking about a ship that's probably 2-300 metres long or so. Even when I'm in my laziest mode on holiday I can cope with that!! We've got an aft cabin on Azura later this year and I can't wait.

We had an aft cabin on NCL Jade one winter, and agree that the sights were stunning, and the size was good....though the winter weather wasn't brilliant, so really it was a bit of a waste. We did have some rough weather, and felt it very little at the back....my memories are of sitting out (Well muffled !!) and watching the ports disappear....I'd certainly go for aft again.

Jo.

Had our very first AFT cabin on the Solstice November last year. Loved it so much we have booked the same one again on the Equinox in June and also for March 2012. The balcony is no bigger than the usual ones but just loved sitting out there and looking at the wake especially at breakfast time if we decided to eat on the balcony. I know a lot of cruisers dont't really like an aft cabin but for us it works really well.

Archived