Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I forgot to report that I did find some good deals on dresses for formal night in the clearance sales. I bought one at the store and the other online. Only one more week before I can wear them. :)

4b74f2295f95b1f924506bcb5ec54808.jpg

dfaf2b54f0892e76b6cba515122f8fa6.jpg

WOW is right.......your dresses are lovely:)....I am a purple gal

and especially love that one:D

I forgot to report that I did find some good deals on dresses for formal night in the clearance sales. I bought one at the store and the other online. Only one more week before I can wear them. :)

dfaf2b54f0892e76b6cba515122f8fa6.jpg

They are both beautiful. May I ask if you got the blue dress on line and where it is from? I am looking for a dress like this.

I have just spent the last couple of hours reading the last several months of this discussion and all I can say is...WOW!!! So much fabulous information and knowledge!!

I too, do all of the packing, unpacking, etc for hubby and I. Mainly because I am OCD, and like some of the other hubby's, mine simply is not concerned with his clothes. (his tools, cars, garage, etc on the other hand...!!!) So much easier and less frustrating for me to do it all! When we get on board, first thing we do is wander the ship getting our bearings, of course, after grabbing a drink!! And perhaps a bite to eat. Once our bags are delivered to our cabin, hubby goes to the balcony to take pictures (and get out of my way!!) while I unpack and get us settled. I love knowing that is done and no more need to worry or dig through bags for a while!! Suitcases get stowed under the bed. I bring along one of those pop up mesh hampers that just fits perfectly in a suitcase for traveling. The hamper gets put in the closet out of the way, yet still easily accessible to drop dirty clothes in. As for laundry...I absolutely refuse to do laundry while I am on vacation!!! I would rather bring extra clothes!

I also bring my own shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. I guess we are high maintenance in that we don't care for the products supplied in the dispensers.

There was a question last month about nail polish to match all outfits...I always go with a simple clean French manicure.

This is a great board and I will definitely be back!!!

Thank you ladies for all the tips! I still have LOT of reading to do on this discussion. Going on our first cruise in April and am trying to hold back on buying all new clothes for the cruise (wish me luck with that, I REALLY want to go on a shopping spree lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice sunndaygirl.

I have been trying to find something pink or red for my upcoming valentine cruise. Plus sized - ack it's hard. Did find a nice pink top with coin detail in a v on a vneck and a bright artsy looking scarf blouse. Still want a new dress in a pink or red and maybe in a boho or kimono style.

Dh and I will be going on the Liberty Feb 8th. Our 29th VD day together. 24 married ones.

Woohoo,

Just got confirmed for our Anniversary dinner at the steak house on VD day,,,,.

Hey sunnday/Joy, Hope you are having a great trip. Now is it your daughter that lives there?

We were suppose to head to Ft Meyers for a car show next month before the cruise,,,,,decided to just fly straight to Orlando.

I def need to check out a packing list again. Messed up my new years cruise because of it. Didn't have a beach cover up and only packed black bras and took mostly white casual clothes,,,,,Wasn't a pretty sight at all,,,,Then carnival messed up my laundered clothes with a weird stain but - they fixed them back - showed up a few hours later hand delivered by a manager in dry cleaner bags.

Anyway, I was canceling the trip and changed my mind and packed and left in like minutes. Problem happened when I needed to change to a larger suitcase from 2 small ones and purged too much. I am normally a list packer too. Lesson learned the hard way.

Wow! Lots of good posts since my last visit:)!!

sherilyn70: Your dresses are GORGEOUS! The styles are elegant and the colors timeless.

BlessedAZwife: Your post could easily have been mine - the Packing Process, DH...., Unpacking (& DH getting out of the way:rolleyes:). And even using a suitcase for a hamper. I told my DH that he's not the only one who spends time on his interests, and barely thinks about packing. There are lots of guys out there just like that!

Thank you for the nice comments, too. This is THE place to come for lots of useful, interesting and fun info.

fitmomd - As a CCF, you are entitled to a Pre-Cruise Shopping Spree! It's in the by-laws;).

sunnydaygirl - I have never had the opportunity to do any serious shopping in Florida. My fantasy would be that there are shops full of cruise clothes and accessories that would be calling my name:cool:.

Let us know what you find!

tbbtravels - A Packing List, no matter how detailed or quickly put together, is a prerequisite for a stress-free cruise. I'm sure you still had a good New Year's cruise...even if you had to wear black bras under white tops!

We're 53 days away from The Next Cruise...but the Cruise Room is still the Guest Room. I've been cleaning and getting ready for Family Birthday Weekend. With the Minneapolis DS & family coming, and the nearer-to-us DS & family not knowing, it's even going to be more fun!

Sunday, after breakfast, we will have a discussion on The June Family Cruise. Last time (our first Family Cruise), I had tops for the moms, golf shirts for the dads and t-shirts for the kids that were all the same color. DS took care of the family logo embroidered on all the tops. This time, I might just order similar tops from "Life Is Good".

By this time next week, the festivities will be over, the house will be back to an empty nest...and the Packing Process will be very close to starting:cool::). Meanwhile, I will check in here to see and read what all the CCFs are doing.

Just wrote a reply, and it went bye-bye, darn. Well, here's pics of two shirts I bought today---at Walmart. Spring styles haven't been put out here so all I bought at the outlet were treck'n pants that the leg zips off, for my zip lining adventure in San Juan and sunglasses!!! But love the shirts and been looking for one with a touch of coral/orange. And the pink, well everyone one looks good in pink!!! Love it!! Had great time with my daughter! We're so blessed they put up with us!! Not sure if he didn't work nights that we could stay so much!! I did buy the beds!!!

Wish you all could go on the the Reflection!! I can't wait!!

ImageUploadedByForums1421733138.891388.jpg.995ad220ddf1eead5cf5f6039be8bde7.jpg

Grey bottoms to go with pink. And both have a little sparkle on them!!

Joy

Tbbtravels, nice to hear from you!! Love being in Florida!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

ImageUploadedByForums1421733106.068589.jpg.e09ed62d858c8c75f16393c917fb2cb8.jpg

Edited by sunnydaygirl

Just wrote a reply, and it went bye-bye, darn. Well, here's pics of two shirts I bought today---at Walmart. Spring styles haven't been put out here so all I bought at the outlet were treck'n pants that the leg zips off, for my zip lining adventure in San Juan and sunglasses!!! But love the shirts and been looking for one with a touch of coral/orange. And the pink, well everyone one looks good in pink!!! Love it!! Had great time with my daughter! We're so blessed they put up with us!! Not sure if he didn't work nights that we could stay so much!! I did buy the beds!!!

Wish you all could go on the the Reflection!! I can't wait!!

[ATTACH]337369[/ATTACH][ATTACH]337370[/ATTACH]

Grey bottoms to go with pink. And both have a little sparkle on them!!

Joy

Tbbtravels, nice to hear from you!! Love being in Florida!!

As soon as you said red, I thought about this amazing jacket I saw online yesterday. I finally remembered where I saw it:

http://drapers.blair.com/p/womens/special-occasion/asian-garden-kimono/pc/3194/sc/3981/92915.uts?store=17&q2=3981~Special+Occasion&count=500&q1=3194~Womens&intl=n&q=*&sc=N&x2=c.t2&x1=c.t1

Indiana71 & kingbobofthenorth: woohoo, ok I'm going shopping. Um, can someone let my husband know I'll be spending all of out money? Lol

sunnydaygirl: I love those shirts! I was walking through Walmart yesterday and they have some spring/summer stuff out already. Even some cute cover-ups. I gotta go back there and get them pronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pcur, that red jacket is amazing!!!

Getting reading for mall visit(yes again!) this time my hair is the reason. Starting real cruise countdown, hair today, nails and toes Friday morning. However, if something great jumps in my way, how can I say No!

Started packing today. Well, actually folding. I've started folding outfits together in such a way, wrinkles are reduced and choices are much simpler. ImageUploadedByForums1421772345.102695.jpg.19c3fc868e1f43eae775c3c045bf2618.jpg

It works!

Yep Indiana71, acted like I meant to pack that way. Sucked the belly in and pushed the boobs out like it was meant to be. :D I did the list before I pared down the 2 suitcases to one large. Just me going so I couldn't pull 2 around. Should've taken that extra minute and I would have had conditioner and a beach cover up,,,,,,the nude bras - a 2nd check of the list wouldn't have helped me ......

LOL, I always say someone has gotta be really bad off to have a bad cruise,,,, Even leaving the dh at home and going solo,,,,,was still a great time.

Speaking of packing, I did a dry run on packing my new rolling backpack. It's this one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/28101427?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227019609028&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40343986712&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78307790672&veh=sem

It's a single cavity, and I got all my chiffon tops in a packing cube, two bathing suits, two capris, my tote bag folded flat, and my large flat straw fan, in there. I'll put my stuff for the airplane in the outside pockets, and the bungee cord thing on the front is great for a folded jacket and my ipad.

I think we will get to go on our long and multiple stop cruise/land vacation with only one suitcase between us, plus our rolling backpacks.

I'm a happy camper.....uh cruiser/traveler!

sunnydaygirl: Love your tops! Pink + Sparkles = A Happy CCF!

Interesting way to pack - folding outfits together. Haven't thought of that. So when you unpack, the folded outfits go in drawers/stay together? I want to hear more...

I loved when you said "If something great jumps in my way, how can I say No!" Will keep that in mind and use it on DH...;)

pcur: Oh my! ONE suitcase + 2 rolling backpacks - that's unbelievable! You will be the envy of every CCF who strives to pack light!

pcur: Oh my! ONE suitcase + 2 rolling backpacks - that's unbelievable! You will be the envy of every CCF who strives to pack light!

Ah, yes, but you have to realize that my tops are all made of chiffon, so they weigh practically nothing, and roll up nicely. That rolling backpack is nice and roomy, and a large packing cube fits exactly with room around the edges for two rolled capris and my 2 bathing suits.

DH is the suitcase hog: his clothes take up much more room. All I really have to put in the one suitcase is smushed (vacumn packed) undies and nighties, a few pairs of sandals, and my (mostly chiffon, also) dressy outfits.

I've been working toward this kind of cruise wardrobe for a few years, collecting tops and dressy clothes along the way. Finally there, and this next trip is the true test.

I am a planner and we don't sail for 44 days and I have spent the last 2 weeks making list and "window" shopping via the internet. But I enjoy it! Part of the fun of cruising for me is getting to plan, buying cute new clothes and jewelry. It makes a 5 day cruise fun for weeks!!

I do this for every vacation not just for cruises. I like to know exactly what I will be wearing so that I can ensure I have everything I need packed.

It's all part of the fun.

That is exactly how I feel as well. I love to shop and a vacation is the perfect excuse! And it is really about the only time I shop for me, the other times it is for hubby or the 6 kiddo's..so it is my time to get pampered as well!!

Yeah, when I had an extra room I would put my shoes with outfit and hang jewelry on the outfit,, I knew exactly what I had even down to undies with it,,,

I have always wanted a mannequin or wire stand or sewing model to display on,,,,one of these days