Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

[quote name='indiana71'][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b][U]RedInLove[/U]: The anticipation for you at this point has got to be crazy! But you will be ready, knowing all the pre-planning saved you mucho time when you would rather be having ship fun...rather than looking for something to wear![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm getting really anxious at this point!

DH packed most of his stuff today in no time, of course. I really can't pack my dinner clothes until Saturday because of a few reasons - I have several dresses at the seamstress (picking up Thursday afternoon, weather permitting due to snow), and my sisters' kids are supposed to be sleeping over Thursday night and staying for most of Friday since they're on school vacation this week, and now that is weather permitting as well. So I'm setting stuff out that is here, keeping a list, and will do my final pack over the weekend. I need to finalize jewelry as well so my other sister might be coming over Saturday night to help with that. I've got shorts and tanks in the wash tonight, will be ironing and folding all that as needed when I can.

First thing Monday morning, we're driving to the port!

Whoo Hooo!!!!! Under 30 days!!!! Starting to get REALLY excited :D Tried on clothes last night to start putting together outfits and see what needs bling and what needs to be taken in for altering as a result of all my hard work dieting and exercising :D. Taking my DD shopping this Saturday for shorts etc.., return items that didn't make the cut and of course, find the bling I need for my outfits. Will also be picking up odds and ends needed for the cruise this weekend and the following one so the last two weekends can be spent preparing and packing :eek:

Indiana77: Love that latest dress you found. Looks wonderful on you!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue]Yesterday I took some things to the local Goodwill store...and couldn't pass up a quick walk-through...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]Found a pair of tangerine plaid Banana Republic shorts and (I couldn't believe it!) a perfectly matched Ann Taylor tangerine knit top:)! And a black knit top that will go better with another pair of shorts.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]DH wasn't slighted - I found a Tommy Hilfiger Hawaiian shirt (navy & white print, so it isn't crazy bright), and a lightweight charcoal knit hoodie that should be perfect for cool mornings on the ship:)![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]All That for......$8.58!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]Feeling elated at my bargains, I stopped at Payless Shoes (with a 29% savings coupon in hand). A cute pair of wedges called my name. They're coral, yellow & white flowers...and they're a girls size 4 so they were only $7.99:)! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]They will be a fun accent to my coral pants & hoodie and yellow knit top on Day 2 when it will still be a little chilly. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]No photo of my altered halter dress...the undergarment needed is already packed. DH said he will take photos on the ship where there are lots of interesting backdrops:cool:![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]Meanwhile, [U]mamacruiser[/U] under 30 days and [U]RedInLove [/U]leaving Monday! I'm feelin' your excitement and confident that you will be contenders for best CCFs while you cruise[IMG]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/IMG].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Made it to the seamstress even with all the snow we're getting. It started spitting snow yesterday afternoon, and is still snowing! Will get to trying everything on to pick jewelry tomorrow, sister is inbound with her kids right now, ETA any minute!

[quote name='indiana71'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue]Yesterday I took some things to the local Goodwill store...and couldn't pass up a quick walk-through...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]Found a pair of tangerine plaid Banana Republic shorts and (I couldn't believe it!) a perfectly matched Ann Taylor tangerine knit top:)! And a black knit top that will go better with another pair of shorts.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]DH wasn't slighted - I found a Tommy Hilfiger Hawaiian shirt (navy & white print, so it isn't crazy bright), and a lightweight charcoal knit hoodie that should be perfect for cool mornings on the ship:)![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]All That for......$8.58!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]Feeling elated at my bargains, I stopped at Payless Shoes (with a 29% savings coupon in hand). A cute pair of wedges called my name. They're coral, yellow & white flowers...and they're a girls size 4 so they were only $7.99:)! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]They will be a fun accent to my coral pants & hoodie and yellow knit top on Day 2 when it will still be a little chilly. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]No photo of my altered halter dress...the undergarment needed is already packed. DH said he will take photos on the ship where there are lots of interesting backdrops:cool:![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]Meanwhile, [U]mamacruiser[/U] under 30 days and [U]RedInLove [/U]leaving Monday! I'm feelin' your excitement and confident that you will be contenders for best CCFs while you cruise[IMG]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/IMG].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Wow! You rock!!! I love bargains and feel like my shopping throughout the year always is focused on my next cruise. Love this thread and all the great ideas. Keep 'em coming!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue][U]RedInLove[/U]: We CCF's are living those last couple days in the Countdown to Cruising through you! The excitement you're feeling comes through in your post:cool::cool:![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]How lucky you are to have a sister helping you. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]We had snow, hard-hitting rain and high winds here, too. But today is tranquil, sunny and temp is predicted to reach the low 60s - making me even more ready to shed the winter attire and slip on that tropical state of mind:).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]We're all looking forward to hearing about your cruise and the fashions, of course![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b][U]cruzinhuskers[/U]: Thanks for the nice words! Keep coming back to read about (and post) the trials, tribulations and triumphs of CCFs:cool:![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Indiana71: boy you sure scored at the thrift store! Can't believe what you got and the prices--wow!
I volunteer at a church run thrift store and our prices must be higher than yours.
You did well + shoes too.
Have fun on your cruise.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue]There are lots of "How to Tell You're a........" lists, so we should have one, too! Feel free to add your thoughts.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]How to Tell If You're a Caribbean Cruising Fashionista:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]- You are [I]always[/I] thinking about The Next Cruise; and when it's 3 months aways, you start putting outfits together.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]- You make a detailed schematic/chart/list of each outfit, including all accessories.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]- Winter is shopping hibernation time. But as soon as the first shipment of warm weather apparel arrives, you go to the store/mall.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]- You are always looking for better ways to be organized during onboard unpacking. You want to look your best - and have quality ship fun.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]- You pay attention to what others are wearing, not so much to be critical, but to get styling ideas.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#483d8b]- You read this thread, contribute ideas & suggestions; post photos of favorite outfits or clothing you have purchased and love.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

You always have certain things in their plastic ziplocs ready to pack for a cruise.
example: first aid kit, kleenex packages, OTC meds, flashlight, highlighters, landyard and cabin card holder, small notepad with ink pen etc.

You have a certain area in one room for your small evening handbags, cruising shopping bags or backpacks, and all of your packing cubes and shirt/pant packers.

Always shop with the mind set "Will this work with my cruisewear?"

Redinlove, have a great time on your cruise and please post pictures when you get back.

Indidana, what a fabulous find at your Goodwill store. Don't you just love them. You leave in 2 weeks for your cruise too. Hope you have a great time.

DivasDare, I hope everything is ok in your neck of the woods. Hope and pray that the tornados left you alone. To all of the CCF's that live in the path of where the tornados hit the last couple of days I hope and pray you are safe and well and don't have too much damage to your property. Stay safe everyone!!!! Edited by TNGALOHA

[quote name='Anthomaniac']I wish I could start shopping for my cruise, but I have already lost 17 pounds since the beginning of the year, and don't want to buy things until closer to the cruise date so that I am sure they will fit.[/QUOTE]

Wow, great job!!! Keep up the good work!

Fashion show with the sister went great, got some good ideas and have some jewelry selected. Will bring some extra pieces as alternative looks, but still not bringing a ton with me which is great. Didn't take any pictures though, sorry! Promise I will during the cruise! Will be very busy tomorrow, last minute errands and my actual packing day. It looks like I have so much, but I'm pretty confident I'm going to get it all in one large suitcase, one garment bag, and most of my shoes into a rolling duffel that's fairly smaller than my suitcase. We'll see!

Anthomaniac: And a icon14.gif from me! When I lost 35 pounds (20+ years ago) and would go into a dressing room with smaller size clothes ; I couldn't believe the mirror or that the clothes would fit. But what a euphoric moment when you see the body that's been hiding under the extra pounds:)!

Keep posting and let us know when you start shopping.

RedInLove: Closing my eyes and trying to picture a CCF fashion show - that is one of the coolest ideas ever posted:cool::cool:

Packing Progress: My packing is at a standstill for now. The carryon is packed for a visit to see "The Kids" in Minneapolis and won't be available until we return. Clothing style is much different for that jaunt. First - we're flying and won't be checking luggage. Second & Third - There are grandchildren and 2 large, friendly dogs...

DH has laid down the gauntlet by saying, "I'm going to check your spreadsheet to be sure you wear every outfit on it."

Challenge accepted!! (He doesn't know that I packed a few things that aren't on the spreadsheet - just in case...);)

Anthomaniac: And a icon14.gif from me! When I lost 35 pounds (20+ years ago) and would go into a dressing room with smaller size clothes ; I couldn't believe the mirror or that the clothes would fit. But what a euphoric moment when you see the body that's been hiding under the extra pounds:)!

Keep posting and let us know when you start shopping.

I lost another 50 pounds 2 years ago, and you are so right the difference it makes in how you feel and look!

RedInLove: Closing my eyes and trying to picture a CCF fashion show - that is one of the coolest ideas ever posted:cool::cool:

It was fun! She kinda took over too! She helped me pick out shoes and jewelry, sometimes flat out telling me what to wear. She actually convinced me to wear nude shoes with my orange dress, as soon as she saw DH's new suit and tie to go with it. We (she) added gold jewelry, and I think she hit it on the Fashionista head! For a girl that never dresses up and hardly wears make-up or jewelry, she done good! Anywho, as soon as she had made up her mind, she'd say "NEXT DRESS!" If my other sister had been over as well, it would have been ridiculous fun. Next time, for sure!

Edited by RedInLove

Anthomaniac: Congrats on the weight loss!!! Since I am loosing weight and inches I know what you are experiencing!!! It is soo gratifying to see and feel the changes!!

Redinlove: How fun to have your sister help you with your fashion choices!!! Have fun and be sure to post pictures when you get back.

Indianna: You are the packing queen so you should have NO problem sticking to your spreadsheet with the exception of the few extras you snuck in :)

Quick question for all... Trying to make clothing choices for the casual dinners which I am assuming are going to be the first and last nights of our seven day cruise on Royal Caribbeans Serenade of the Seas to the Caribbean. Exactly how casual is casual??? Can we do shorts with nice shirts or not??

Had my DD take some pictures of some outfits while trying on jewelry with them so am posting for all to see ( please excuse my hair... Was a spur of the moment thing, lol)....ugh can't figure out how to do it from my phone ...will try later from my computer.

mamacruiser2012: Each cruise line has it's own rules RE dining room attire, so this is only my opinion.

On RCI, first night IS casual. Rules are relaxed and there could be shorts. I would rather see nice shorts w/ a nice top instead of faded and/or torn jeans and a t-shirt.

Last night is the same - nice shorts and top are allowed.

Hope you can post photos - we love to see cruise outfits:cool:!

Here's one of the coral maxi-dress with the cardigan off - love this one because we are docked off St. Thomas, this was our favorite day of the cruise, and I am thoroughly enjoying my "Miami Vice" blended drink on our balcony while taking in the beautiful sunset.

157-1.jpg

And DH and I in St. Martin enjoying a day at Orient Beach, whilst trying to suck in our tummies. The one white bathing suit that has worked out ok for me (no see-through issues!)

126-1-1-1.jpg

And the black swimsuit in beautiful St. John...

143-1.jpg

Edited by CactusGirly