Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

In less than 24 hours we will leave our house to go pick up friends an hour away. Then drive 3 hours to a Days Inn that is 2 hours from the port.

I'll be just a little stressed...until we see Explorer of the Seas...until the paperwork is approved and we have our Sea Passes...until luggage is delivered to our stateroom:eek:. THEN let the party begin!!!

Here's a photo of my fancy toenail art. If anyone else has a pedi to display, please post a photo. I could get into doing this every cruise!

232323232%7Ffp%3B67%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3545624496335nu0mrj

Edited by indiana71

I'm going to attach a few pictures of my outfits listed above. Some of the items I'm still waiting on from Old Navy and Steve Madden (shoes). I want to start putting things in the suitcase but I know I'll want to iron everything the a few days before we actually leave the house.

One of the outfits is kind of fun and will probably be a traveling outfit. But I love the Wizard of Oz and could not pass up the shirt. :D

this kinds what i am brings to,,simply and practise

Oh my!! It's time:cool:! The last load of laundry is finished, the house is clean...my spreadsheet is in the new red Bagalini.

I'll be observing what other cruisers are wearing.

Will every item that's been packed, be used?

If I pick up any great ideas/suggestions from the folks on the cruise thread, you will hear about them, along with a review and within a couple days - photos:cool:.

Meanwhile, keep this thread going! There's always After-Cruise-Blues; so coming here to read the latest Fashionista posts will be a big help:).

Indiana, have a great time on your trip!!

We just got back yesterday from our 12-day, and we loved just about every minute of it! I have some pics of what I wore on formal nights, will post a few when I get a chance. We have a very busy week ahead of us besides unpacking from the trip (carpet install, alarm system upgrade, bedroom furniture being delivered, get ready for our next contract job in PA), but I will try to get some pictures up soon.

There are videos on youtube you could check. I saw this one on rolling jeans:

...and there's one of folding a shirt but not sure how you would roll one. I roll t shirts and knit tops successfully but never done a shirt. Maybe there's a youtube video for that too if you do a search?

Here's the shirt folding one.

OK - here's a t-shirt rolling one - maybe it's the same principle for shirts?

Thanks for the tips snowbirds2 :)

Well ladies here is my first attempt at my new endeavor, jewelry making. All and any suggestions are welcome.

The first one is of a bracelet the 2nd one is the finished set, and the 3rd one is of another necklace I made.

P3180350.jpg.c9258f0503309eac7a7826d479c09317.jpg

P3180356.jpg.176b60ddd349c6f0a6a07b8056da8ab4.jpg

P3180352.jpg.f252ac9f5401354473a4dae5d101979f.jpg

Well ladies here is my first attempt at my new endeavor, jewelry making. All and any suggestions are welcome.

The first one is of a bracelet the 2nd one is the finished set, and the 3rd one is of another necklace I made.

As a fellow jewelry maker, I LOVE your pieces! Perfect for cruising too! Nice work!

I love the bracelet! I think I would want to see the necklaces being worn to see the scale, The blue necklace is nice too!

They are gorgeous! My fav is the blue necklace.

Beautiful pieces TNGALOHA! What fun to be able to create your own - I especially like the blue one! Great cruise accessories!

A good friend of mine has just taken up beading and I'm getting lured in! So many possibilities!

:eek: Can't find the delete function - posted itself twice!

Edited by snowbirds2

Snowbirds, just hit the edit button and select your typing, then delete, I usually will state "sorry, duplicate". I don't think you can delete a post after it has posted, only edit it. But, it's no big deal, I've done this plenty over the years.

Tngaloha, your work looks great, my cabs are the bracelet and the blue necklace.

Thank you everyone for the comments.

I have really had fun making pieces this week. I have several other bracelets made but the are very easy ones and just for fun kind.

I have to agree with everyone that my favorites so far have been the blue necklace and the bracelet. The other necklace looks ok but it is kind of on the heavy side so it couldn't be worn a long time, but that was my DH idea to make it like that. ;)

Cactus girly, why don't you post some of your items here for us to see? I'd love to see them.

Welcome Back Indiana. Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

This has been a very quiet board this week, hopefully everyone didn't work too hard.

We have been enjoying this gorgeous Spring weather here in Az.

Cactusgirly, I am still waiting on some pix of your jewlery. ;-)

Edited by TNGALOHA

I am loving this thread, as a first-time cruiser on April 2012's sailing of the Norwegian Spirit in 2 weeks! Can't wait!

It will take me a while to get through this whole thread...55 pages, whew!!

I am also checking out the "pet peeves" thread -- don't want me or my DH to embarrass ourselves!

So far have decided on mostly black, white, and khaki shorts, capris, and skirts, and cute tops. Being Norwegian free-style cruisers, we don't have to worry too much about dressing up to the nines at night, so it will be shorter length dresses and skirts in the evenings for dinner I think. DH and I are not into the nightlife much so don't have to worry about "club" clothes. I am contemplating a cotton floral spaghetti-strap maxi dress. Thoughts on that?

The main thing I'm curious about is excursions -- I think I've figured out what to wear on the ship, but climbing Mayan temples and hiking through the jungles may require more utilitarian attire; denim shorts and tee shirts. And regular athletic type shoes (as opposed to the trendy top-siders.) Any thoughts?

Edited by wjak4

Welcome to the CCF thread wjak4! You'll find lot of good tips from seasoned cruisers here and fashion lovers!

Excursion wear has to be practical IMO! And nothing wrong with utilitarian/casual attire - that can be pretty stylish too!

You will find lots of people wearing T shirts shorts or capris for shore excursions. Definitely pack some good support shoes for ruin and jungle excursions - your feet will thank you! I was very glad of my Nikes on days when we did a lot of walking and I saved the sandals for beach days.

(I did see people wearing flip flops on some rain forest hikes and have no idea how they managed!)

I also found a small cross body purse really useful to stash my camera, sea pass/ID and sunscreen etc. in so I could be hands free. Took a sun hat along too - and a tiny packable rain poncho for the rain forest excursions - just in case! (And yes it rained!)

You sound as if you already have all the right types of clothes for your cruise - your floral maxi dress sounds perfect - so enjoy!! And check back later with all your news! Happy cruising - warning - it's addictive! :D

After 11 days of cruising the Caribbean, we're back! Weather was delightful, ports were tropical paradises:cool:.

We dropped off luggage last night and came to our cottage today, so photos won't be uploaded until early next week.

Fellow passengers dressed well for the most part. There were a few times we wanted to cover our eyes, i.e., a large young lady in very tight sweatpants that were not becoming (to say the least).

More men wore tuxes for formal night than on previous cruises - they look so handsome all dressed up:).

This was the first cruise that I took extra outfits...and didn't wear them. A couple more long sleeved tops would have been nice for evenings on deck. The wind made the air cool.

wjak4: WELCOME! It sounds like you have a good head start on planning and packing. Definitely take practical clothes for excursions.

TNGALOHA: [/i'm envious of your jewelry making skills. You can make pieces to go with every outfit! Thanks for posting photos.

]Booked TWO Cruises! We booked a cruise the end of June - 8 nights to Bermuda, Boston and Newport. And for June 2013 - a family trip on Oasis of the Seas. We'll take our sons and their families.

Planning will soon begin for the Next Cruise! A little different style since we'll be in New England...

Edited by indiana71

After 11 days of cruising the Caribbean, we're back! Weather was delightful, ports were tropical paradises:cool:.

We dropped off luggage last night and came to our cottage today, so photos won't be uploaded until early next week.

Fellow passengers dressed well for the most part. There were a few times we wanted to cover our eyes, i.e., a large young lady in very tight sweatpants that were not becoming (to say the least).

More men wore tuxes for formal night than on previous cruises - they look so handsome all dressed up:).

This was the first cruise that I took extra outfits...and didn't wear them. A couple more long sleeved tops would have been nice for evenings on deck. The wind made the air cool.

wjak4: WELCOME! It sounds like you have a good head start on planning and packing. Definitely take practical clothes for excursions.

TNGALOHA: [/i'm envious of your jewelry making skills. You can make pieces to go with every outfit! Thanks for posting photos.

]Booked TWO Cruises! We booked a cruise the end of June - 8 nights to Bermuda, Boston and Newport. And for June 2013 - a family trip on Oasis of the Seas. We'll take our sons and their families.

Planning will soon begin for the Next Cruise! A little different style since we'll be in New England...

Can't wait for pics!:D