Door decorations

bunchesofun

I did some signs that had our names on them. Did the people names in the room using their favorite ball team logo. I have done happy birthday signs. Did signs that have said "Living It up" with our names, etc. I did Disney characters on Disney. I hot glue magnets to the back. I have never had them stolen.

We are thinking that we want to decorate our door to help us find our cabin. How many of you have done decorations? What did you do? Did they get stolen?

We (or I should say I...lol) decorated our door last month on the Fantasy. I used a whiteboard and then a curly-q bow and a couple pictures of us. People would write messages on the board and it was easy to find our door. The bow came off the door just slightly so we could easily locate it.

We never had problems with people taking the pens or anything else from our door.

IMG_0108.JPG.aca1be7a963f0902bd6ac8a4cc711b26.JPG

We went to a school/teacher supply store and bought a package of brightly colored fish. Put magnets on the back of them and decorated our door with them. This was on the Monarch of the Seas and we were in a little hallway with only a few doors, so they weren't stolen.

We met people on the ship and they said it made it really easy to find our room when they were looking for us or wanted to leave us a note.

Last year on the Liberty, My DH and I went with 2 other couples, neither had cruised before. So I had bought tropical stickies and welcome aboard signs with their names on them from a party supply store ( I printed the welcome aboard signs) . I went and decorated their doors while they were eating their lunch. It was a surprize for them when they 1st got to their doors. Yes I did sneak in before you were allowed. :)

Where can you find the item that you can print out from Cruise Critic?

If you go to the roll calls page of your Carnival ship, on the first page, in the "announcement" section on the top of the page you should see "cruise critic doorsign-print yours today":)

we're currently designing our door decorations for our next cruise

I bought printable magnet paper. There are 4 rooms in our party. Looking for a theme to cover all doors (same side, same wing, but nto all adjacent)

will magnet paper stick on doors on the Pride? I thought they were kinda clothy? Sailing sunday- will let you know

On our last cruise I decorated the door for my son's 12th birthday. I bought one of those small squares of birthday wrapping paper (the kind to wrap one or two gifts) and put that up on the door with a big curly ribbon bow. The size was perfect for the door.

If you go to the roll calls page of your Carnival ship, on the first page, in the "announcement" section on the top of the page you should see "cruise critic doorsign-print yours today":)

That's so cool, thanks. Just printed mine. I'm also attaching a long, dangling, sparkly "over the hill" sign. I love the dollar store!

I bought a 5 or 6 foot tall jointed pink flamingo with a lei around its neck at the dollar store and affixed it to the door. Really cute. It was stolen the first night!

Sounds like a cute decoration. Sorry it was taken. We have never had any taken. Hopefully never will.

Thanks for the ideas, guys! We don't cruise until April, so I've got plenty of time. Of course, we're "The Irish Family", so I'll likely pick up some decorations when St. Paddy's Day gets here. It would make it so much easier for our DD to find our cabin if there was a large shamrock on the door!

We have an aft facing balcony this year so I don't think the hallway will be too long. Regardless, it will be fun!

I am so glad I saw this thread. On the Disney Wonder, our door was covered with magnets. I had not thought about decorating my door for our Triumph cruise but am now getting my ideas together. I think anticipation is a large part of the cruise experience.

Thanks for the info on the Cruise Critic sign.

Here is our door. Our cabin steward found the card after it was stolen - taped to another door further down the hall! :mad:

The sign was lost and gone forever, to the thieves who stole it. CREEPS! :mad:

At least now I know never to tape anything to the door that I would miss if/when some loser steals it!

1474071886_DecoratedDoor.jpg.3e4156a84d8a3524e45609e787c16fa8.jpg

My daughter and I always decorate our cabin doors. Most of the time we will purchase tropical theme items from one of the local party supply stores at the end of the summer season. We will decorate all the doors in our group. Usually we will have from 6 to 10 doors. In 2001 we decorated with red, white and blue and used American flags. Sorry to say all of the flags were stolen. :mad:

We usually decorate them while the others in our group are somewhere enjoying the ship. It is always great to hear and see their responses. The decorated doors always help to locate the group. We have even had other passengers on our hallway thank us because it helps them as well.

Archived