Prime rib... Good or bad???

DonKat3611

Like any cruise line you can order as many entrees as you please....so if you want more so-called Prime Rib just tell your waiter. The reason I said "so-called" is that there is nothing really "Prime" about the roast beef. It is not like a decent steak house and you will generally get a nice slice of beef (less than an inch thick) with no bone.

Hank

It really depends which part they cut for you! I've had some that was nice and lean...and others that were all fat (and I cannot put that in my mouth!!!)...if you want more, just order another.

I've always thought it had a good taste, tho.

If you ever get to Vegas, and want some fantasically, fabulous Prime Rib, go to Lawry's Prime Rib....OMG...so, so good!

I know how to cook excellent prime rib and do so at home for holidays and family gatherings.

I find most cruise ship rib to be average at best. Yes, you can order more but if you get one good serving, call yourself lucky and quit.

It is the nature of mass market cooking that is the rule on the giant cruise ships.

We could have some fun with the terminology used by cruise lines (and many restaurants) on their menus. The term "Prime Rib" is supposed to mean a rib roast that is made from beef graded as "Prime." Anyone who has gone to a good steak house and experienced real Prime Rib knows that what is served on RCI (or probably any other mass-market cruise line) is no "Prime Rib." To quote a politician we have met the real "Prime Rib" and the stuff served on RCI is no "Prime Rib." :)

Hank

We could have some fun with the terminology used by cruise lines (and many restaurants) on their menus. The term "Prime Rib" is supposed to mean a rib roast that is made from beef graded as "Prime." Anyone who has gone to a good steak house and experienced real Prime Rib knows that what is served on RCI (or probably any other mass-market cruise line) is no "Prime Rib." To quote a politician we have met the real "Prime Rib" and the stuff served on RCI is no "Prime Rib." :)

Hank

Hank, absolutely true and well said at that.

Archived