Black Sea Serenade - Nautica June

Sooznco

We haven't done this itinerary although it's one I want to do some day.

But when we were on Insignia a few years ago the captain mentioned how he'd docked at one of the major ports on that itinerary and woke to find that Insignia was in the middle of the Russian fleet.

THAT would be something to talk about!

We have never cruised before and are thinking of taking this trip. Does anyone have any thoughts/advice which might be helpful?

The region is beautiful. We found the ports are (generalizing) overall a bit less touristy than the Med, though some are just as crowded and touristy (e.g., Yalta). We are big fans of O and looked at this cruise for a couple of years before doing it on SS.

Our itinerary was slightly different on Silversea; there are links to pictures in our signature line below. Not all of the ports were the same as on the O itinerary, but you can get an idea of some of your stops. We loved it! Imagine it would be just as good on O.

Agree with those who say you need a few days in Istanbul if you've never been. We were squeezed for time and only had one full day; we did a ton but could have sure used more time!

Many thanks to all of you who replied so promptly. The reservations I have about the itinerary are that it seems to be quite intensive without days at sea. Unfortunately I am unable to take a longer break from work and so will be unable to take up the suggestion of a few days in Istanbul, much as I would love to.

Many thanks to all of you who replied so promptly. The reservations I have about the itinerary are that it seems to be quite intensive without days at sea.

Yes Oceania cruises are more port intensive but remember you do not have to do it all

Just go at your own pace

Be sure to join the Roll Call for your cruise & maybe share private tours

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

Look for the ship then the sailing date

Enjoy

Lyn

Archived