National Express coach frm LHR to Victoria

MRSBITS

Our flight arrives at 7:45 a.m at terminal # 3 on Tues., May 17, 2011. How much time should we allow before booking the National Express Coach to Victoria Station?:)

Overnite flights are usually early or on-time. Touchdown to clearing the arrivals hall is usually about an hour, with luggage allow an extra 15 mins for the 5 min walk to the airport's central bus station.

Nat Express advise allowing a total of 90 mins from your scheduled arrival time, and that makes sense to me.

They're pretty flexible about airport bookings, they appreciate that promptness isn't in the hands of the traveller. You can take an earlier bus if space is available, or a later bus subject to available space & a small admin charge.

http://help.nationalexpress.com/help/where-we-go/flight_delays4

JB

Overnite flights are usually early or on-time. Touchdown to clearing the arrivals hall is usually about an hour, with luggage allow an extra 15 mins for the 5 min walk to the airport's central bus station.

Nat Express advise allowing a total of 90 mins from your scheduled arrival time, and that makes sense to me.

They're pretty flexible about airport bookings, they appreciate that promptness isn't in the hands of the traveller. You can take an earlier bus if space is available, or a later bus subject to available space & a small admin charge.

http://help.nationalexpress.com/help/where-we-go/flight_delays4

JB

Nice to have you back John. How was your trip??

(Sorry to hijack this thread)

Cheers

Len

Nice to have you back John. How was your trip??

(Sorry to hijack this thread)

Cheers

Len

Hi, Len,

It was hot.

Hot, as in couldn't stand on the deck or the beach in bare feet.

Hot, as in I discovered a balding patch, cos the crown of my head was burning hot. :eek:

Hot, as in even her-indoors had to get out of the sun.

More sea-days than I'd have cared for- but some great calls, including Devil's Island, Santarem, Recife, Salvador, Rio & Buenos Aires.

I'll try to get round to posting a review in the next week or so.

Regards, JB

Apols for the intrusion, Mrs B. :)

Our flight arrives at 7:45 a.m at terminal # 3 on Tues., May 17, 2011. How much time should we allow before booking the National Express Coach to Victoria Station?:)

The National Express coaches for Victoria leave only from the Central Bus Station, not any of the terminals. Its about a 10 minute walk from Terminals 1 and 3. If you are using Terminal 4 or 5 you need to get a free train the Heathrow Express to the central area of the airport. These run every 15 minutes, then its a 10 minute walk to the bus station.

The National Express service is not a dedicated airport service, buses originate from all over the UK and just call in to Heathrow to offload passengers. Its a bit like having a Greyhound bus from Atlanta to New York that calls in at New York's Kennedy airport as last stop before New York.

Timetables, especially early morning with the routine traffic congestion around Heathrow may not be worth the paper they are written on.

Hi, Len,

It was hot.

Hot, as in couldn't stand on the deck or the beach in bare feet.

Hot, as in I discovered a balding patch, cos the crown of my head was burning hot. :eek:

Hot, as in even her-indoors had to get out of the sun.

More sea-days than I'd have cared for- but some great calls, including Devil's Island, Santarem, Recife, Salvador, Rio & Buenos Aires.

I'll try to get round to posting a review in the next week or so.

Regards, JB

Apols for the intrusion, Mrs B. :)

No apologies necessary JB! You and Len have been so kind to help us with our Baltic cruise plans. Plus, cruising South America is on our "bucket list"; so I look forward to reading your review. Lastly, while I have your ear, what is the customary tip % for a car service from Southampton to LHR? Thanks. Carolyn

No apologies necessary JB! You and Len have been so kind to help us with our Baltic cruise plans. Plus, cruising South America is on our "bucket list"; so I look forward to reading your review. Lastly, while I have your ear, what is the customary tip % for a car service from Southampton to LHR? Thanks. Carolyn

Hi again, Mrs B,

£5 would be perfectly acceptable, £10 well-appreciated. That's in total, not per person. By law your driver is paid a living wage, tips are a very much a bonus & its entirely up to you whether you even tip at all.

Drivers who serve airports on a regular basis are well-used to receiving tips in sterling or USD or euros

JB :)

Hi, Carolyn!

My flight gets in at the same time yours does. (At least today it does, they changed it yesterday). How do you know what terminal you're arriving at? I'm on Delta flight #6 from Detroit. Aren't you staying at the Luna Simone? Perhaps we could share a car service directly to the hotel. My friend is also trying to book a flight that arrives about the same time.

Archived