Help With Ketchikan Tours

irismike

We booked through Princess the Totem and Town Tour; the Horse Drawn Tour. Are these okay orshoiuld we book the Soxman Native Village and Ketchikan City Tour. THanks for any input. FIrst time to Alaksa

We booked through Princess the Totem and Town Tour; the Horse Drawn Tour. Are these okay orshoiuld we book the Soxman Native Village and Ketchikan City Tour. THanks for any input. FIrst time to Alaksa

You can get the same thing through some of the independent tour ops but Princess usually has very good guides and many enjoy their tours.. matter of personal preference. I would do the Totem & Town personally.. all are pretty much "overview" tours.. it's easy to see "downtown" Ketchikan including Creek Street etc. on your own too.

I have a preference for Saxman Village because of the carving shed. It was terrific to see the craftsmen working and visit with them about their work. An organized tour might be the only way to get inside, however.

Ketchikan on your own is nice and you can set your own pace. You will be docking downtown so I would suggest doing a little homework, get a good map, and go exploring.

Have a great cruise!

Several people I spoke with last year who booked Saxman on their own (not through the ship) were unable to get into the carving shed and were unable to see the clan dancers. They did try to get into the shed when cruise line tours were not that and they were told they couldn't enter - only look through the window.

I would probably book Saxman through the ship if you are interested in this tour.

Archived