Can men wear nice shorts to dinner?

we2lovetocruise

And on the Epic the only place not allowing shorts was Manhattan Room. I went to Moderno to make a reservation and said I just have to run upstairs and get out of my shorts and they said no the only place I couldn't wear them was in Manhattan Room. I felt odd in my shorts there but it didn't seem to be a big deal.

I see you can wear jeans to dinner now on NCL can men wear nice shorts and polo shirt in the main dining room or only at the buffets? Shorts are worn in our area at nice restaurants so was just wondering?

On our last year's NCL Dawn 12 day cruise to the Southern Caribbean from NYC, several people(both genders) were dressed in shorts in all dining venue's. I didn't see any jean cut-off or beach type in MDRs but those who wore shorts had quality dressy type with an appropriate shirt, no tank tops etc.

And on the Epic the only place not allowing shorts was Manhattan Room. I went to Moderno to make a reservation and said I just have to run upstairs and get out of my shorts and they said no the only place I couldn't wear them was in Manhattan Room. I felt odd in my shorts there but it didn't seem to be a big deal.

My understanding on the Epic was Manhattan and Le Bistro = no shorts.

That's my understanding also re: the Epic/Manhattan/LeBistro.

I am sure there are some who will say that they have seen shorts in LeBistro. I never have and have only seen well-dressed individuals. Cannot comment on Taste/Manhattan.

I didn't eat in Le Bistro but all I can say is what the host told me. Maybe I didn't hear Le Bistro. I have eaten is Le Bistro on the Jewel and know I wouldn't even feel comfortable eating in there in shorts so it probably does include Le Bistro but all my mind heard was Manhattan Room.

it does depend on the ship, but I think most now are allowing nice shorts. The unfortunate thing is, many do not know the difference between shorts and nice shorts and who is going to play dress police. I have read 2 recent reviews (other lines) one Princess and one RCI, the biggest gripe, people coming to the dining rooms dressed in cargo shorts etc.

Nita

Archived