Concierge Level: is it "necessary"?

Dmgmd50

I'm hoping to go on a Marina cruise. A friend who has not sailed on Oceania said she heard that you really should go on the Concierge level. What are the disadvantages of not being on that level since the rooms seem to be about the same as the Veranda suites? If I do not go on the concierge level will it be hard to get into the alternative dining venues?

On the Marina the difference between concierge level & regular cabins is the Lounge for Concierge guests, which have a coffee/tea station as well as cold drinks & snacks, computer terminals (fee based) & comfy chairs the use of a Concierge when they are on duty

Upgraded toiletries probably some other perks

You get the same 4 specialty dining reservation ...the same as the lower Categories

It is a personal choice.

You can get coffee/tea soft drinks from other areas on the ship

Lyn

On the Marina the difference between concierge level & regular cabins is the Lounge for Concierge guests, which have a coffee/tea station as well as cold drinks & snacks, computer terminals (fee based) & comfy chairs the use of a Concierge when they are on duty

Upgraded toiletries probably some other perks

You get the same 4 specialty dining reservation ...the same as the lower Categories

It is a personal choice.

You can get coffee/tea soft drinks from other areas on the ship

Lyn

Don't forget about the 'O' bag!:p

According to their web site the following is what you get above and beyond the regular Veranda cabins:

• Exclusive Access to Private Concierge Lounge and services of dedicated Concierge
  • Welcome Bottle of Champagne
  • Priority Check-In and Early Embarkation
  • Priority Luggage Delivery
  • Priority Restaurant Reservations in Toscana, Polo Grill, Jacques and Red Ginger
  • Laptop Computer (** Internet usage charges apply)
  • Cashmere Lap Blanket
  • Complimentary Shoe Shine
  • Complimentary Pressing of Garments upon Embarkation (* Limitations apply)
  • Complimentary Oceania Cruises shoulder bag
  • Prestige Tranquility Bed, an Oceania Cruises Exclusive, with 1,000-Thread-Count Linens
  • L’Occitane Toiletries

I'm hoping to go on a Marina cruise. A friend who has not sailed on Oceania said she heard that you really should go on the Concierge level. What are the disadvantages of not being on that level since the rooms seem to be about the same as the Veranda suites? If I do not go on the concierge level will it be hard to get into the alternative dining venues?

People will tell you all sorts of things you "should do" .... but, only you must be the one to make that decision. So much depends on your personal wishes and life style - and somewhat on your budget.

Don't worry about it being "hard" to get into the alternative venues - all that the upper levels get you are more alloted reservations than the lesser costly levels. Reservations are based mostly on the time of evening, number of seats requested and how heavily booked they may be.

But, there are other benefits to each of the booking classes - take them all into account and measure against whatever you are budgeting for your cruisel

Then - go enjoy yourself! ;)

Concierge level also gets a room service menu with expanded hot breakfast options (eggs, omelets, etc.).

For me that is a perk as I prefer to have breakfast in the cabin most mornings and with their hot menu, it is worth it.

We just left Nautica. There was no advantage for us to the Concierge level. We ate in Toscana or Polo 5 nights which was plenty. INO, you are better off in Veranda level midship than Concierge at the ends.

Since we don't have any friends going on this cruise (that we know of), we would be making reservations for two in the restaurants. However, we're hoping that we will meet nice people when we get on board with whom we would like to dine. Is it hard to change reservations once the cruise starts?

Since we don't have any friends going on this cruise (that we know of), we would be making reservations for two in the restaurants. However, we're hoping that we will meet nice people when we get on board with whom we would like to dine. Is it hard to change reservations once the cruise starts?

When booking the restaurant just share a table to meet new people

We are not really sure how it will work on the Marina but on the R ships if you are flexible you might be able to change the reservation to dine with new friends

If not you will still meet new people each night that may also become new friends ;)

enjoy

Lyn

Archived