Sapphire 7 day mexican cruise questions

MTJSR

I cannot find patters for the 7 day Sapphire Mexico cruise and was wondering which are the formal nights and if anyone knows the menu theme for each night? I (we) are trying to plan which nights we go to the specialty restaurants.Thanks for the help!

I cannot find patters for the 7 day Sapphire Mexico cruise and was wondering which are the formal nights and if anyone knows the menu theme for each night? I (we) are trying to plan which nights we go to the specialty restaurants.Thanks for the help!

I'd like to ask another, almost related, question regarding the same 7 day cruise. Is there a formal Captain's Circle party on a seven day cruise? And, if so....which day? Although a nice gesture...I can't get too excited. Thanks! ;)

Is there a formal Captain's Circle party on a seven day cruise? And' date=' if so....which day? [/color'][/font]

The soirée with the watered-down drinkies? On the Sapphire Mex Riv, it was on the 2nd formal night.

The soirée with the watered-down drinkies? On the Sapphire Mex Riv, it was on the 2nd formal night.

Thank you! Now I have renewed interest. Three formal nights on a seven day cruise would have been overwhelming. I pictured myself wandering the ship in formal wear for the entire cruise! :D

I don't know if the time changes on "each" cruise, but we are doing the April 9th cruise.

Did anyone notice that in Cabo we arrive at 7:00 AM (early:() and leave at 2:00 PM.:mad:

I'm just curious, if you are cruising the "same" time as me, are you getting up (everyone doesn't get up that early) at 5:00 or 6:00 to tour or do whatever in Cabo? They same Cabo is more than awesome, and I'm anxious to see.:)

DCT, we're on the April 23rd sailing. And we live about 10 miles outside of the 'Boro. I've gotten spoiled by crusing without formal nights, but this is a family event so need to drag that stuff along.

At least the weather will be warm and the martini's cold.

Russ

I don't know if the time changes on "each" cruise, but we are doing the April 9th cruise.

Did anyone notice that in Cabo we arrive at 7:00 AM (early:() and leave at 2:00 PM.:mad:

I'm just curious, if you are cruising the "same" time as me, are you getting up (everyone doesn't get up that early) at 5:00 or 6:00 to tour or do whatever in Cabo? They same Cabo is more than awesome, and I'm anxious to see.:)

I love Cabo, it is my first favorite port....second being PV.

I'm not crazy about the early depart time for Cabo, either. That is the main reason I started cruising the MR on Royal Caribbean. I liked their itinerary better.

I don't know how early things open up there. On RCI, we would pull in at 9:30ish, and everything was going on by the time we got off the ship.

I know when I was on Golden, we pulled into port right around sunrise, but didn't get off the ship right away. I didn't have any excursions booked, so I really didn't know what to expect.

Having to be back on board by 1:30 is a little tight. I just love to walk around the marina, go to the mall (Sr. Sweet's is a great little place) and walk back down the main boulevard.

I have a friend who owns a cantina, so we stop in for a Margarita and to say "HI' if he's in town. Then it's off to Cabo Wabo.......among other places.

Guess I'll just have to step up my pace. :D

I agree, one of the reasons I sailed 23 times on RCCL was the fact that we didn't leave Cabo until 5.00pm so there was no rush to go ashore. I have friends who live in Cabo so we usually get together for lunch. I don't think it's going to be possible this time(April 9th) as we leave so early. Cabo is by far my favourite port.

I agree, one of the reasons I sailed 23 times on RCCL was the fact that we didn't leave Cabo until 5.00pm so there was no rush to go ashore. I have friends who live in Cabo so we usually get together for lunch. I don't think it's going to be possible this time(April 9th) as we leave so early. Cabo is by far my favourite port.

Well it looks like we will have to go to bed EARLY,:rolleyes: to get up EARLy to see Cabo, which we were really looking forward to seeing. Hopefully as someone mentioned, the shops, etc. will be open early too, but I would think they would if they KNEW a ship was coming in. That is good business for them.:)

Someone mentioned about "formal" nights. Within the past few years, (this is ONLY "MY" opinion, and I am NOT critizing anyone else), it seems like people are getting more lazy:( in the way they dress. Now that I have said "my piece," I just want to say we love to dress to the "9's", as we don't get to do it very often, and love to see other people dress the same way. Is it a little "more" luggage, yes. That is the price you pay when your sitting at a formal dinner setting. If you don't like it, you can always go to the Lido deck or have room service to eat.

Someone mentioned the Captain's Circle party which is the second formal night. The Captain's Welcome Aboard party is the first formal night along with the champagne waterfall at 7:00 PM. Still can't get used to it being so early! By the by, we always request wine at the Captain's Circle party because it can't be watered down! :eek:

We had no tours planned so got off the ship at 10:00am. No tender tickets were required at that time. Getting back on the ship (last tender was 1:30).there was a huge line to board the tenders. There were two other ships in port, Carnival Spirit and HAL Oosterdam. Both stayed all day.

Reason being that these ships go back to San Diego, a shorter distance

than going back to Los Angeles.

Captain Circle party had the worst drinks we have ever had on a Princess

ship. Got a Cosmo. It was light pink and tasted like just water, no flavor. We switched to red wine. This didn't have any impact on us having a good time.:D

As I remember, it's the first sea day and after Cabo, since the ship sails early that day. It's never the first or last night.

Oops my mistake, you are correct on cabo night. I get it confused because i always eat in town on PV night so its one of my favorites dinners :-D

Archived