Pot smell in hallway one night

oratheeexplorer

We were on the Crown Feb. 5 through the 12th.......one night coming back to our room between 10:30 and 11:00 pm, we walked through 2 spots in our hallway that smelled real strong like pot..........so if these people get caught, do they kick them off the ship? That's what I heard they would do......

We were on the Crown Feb. 5 through the 12th.......one night coming back to our room between 10:30 and 11:00 pm, we walked through 2 spots in our hallway that smelled real strong like pot..........so if these people get caught, do they kick them off the ship? That's what I heard they would do......

Possibly. If they were reported. If it really was pot. If they were turned in by somebody playing bad cop. If they were being a nuisance to others.

Personally what someone does in his/her cabin should stay in the cabin. Meaning, even if I did smell pot, and knew it was pot...unless the person was running up and down the hallway banging on my door, I'd ignore it and move on.

Possibly. If they were reported. If it really was pot. If they were turned in by somebody playing bad cop. If they were being a nuisance to others.

Personally what someone does in his/her cabin should stay in the cabin. Meaning, even if I did smell pot, and knew it was pot...unless the person was running up and down the hallway banging on my door, I'd ignore it and move on.

It was defintely the smell of pot......we didn't do anything.....my husband said they weren't bothering us......now if they would've been our neighbors and the smell was coming into our room, that would've been different......

Yes, if they were reported to ship's security, there would be a search of the cabin and if any illegal drugs were found, they'd be put off at the next port. Depending on the seriousness of what was found, there may also be authorities waiting for them...

On our Alaskan voyage last year on Sea Princess, we were walking the Promenade late one night and came around the aft section and ran into a couple sharing a joint. It didn't bother me (although they were mortified to have been discovered). I laughed it off (I may have imbibed in my younger days.. :p) and did mention that there were security cameras posted around the deck and that they should be careful.

It always amazes me what people will do but if they aren't bothering me whatever they do is their business. A few cruises ago it was sad to see some teenagers from the ship getting arrested for buying drugs, the anguished looks on their faces and their parents will never be forgotten.

I probably wjould have gotten down on hands & knees with my nose pressed to the timy gap between the door & deck & breathed in real hard - trying to get any second-hand smoke;).

Of course at my age, while I wouldn't have any problem getting down to there, I'd have a real problem getting back up:D.

I probably wjould have gotten down on hands & knees with my nose pressed to the timy gap between the door & deck & breathed in real hard - trying to get any second-hand smoke;).

Of course at my age, while I wouldn't have any problem getting down to there, I'd have a real problem getting back up:D.

Perfect !! :D:D:D

On one cruise I smelled it every evening while sitting on the balcony in an aft suite. I think because of the design of the ship, the air currents would swirl around back there so I would periodically get a whiff.

That's when you started crawling aroung the side railings.. right?? :rolleyes: :)

Back in 97, on a cruise in the Carribean, we could smell something (our 18 year old son and friend were with us and told us it was pot) several cabins down from us - really strong in the evening. And at the next port, there was a dog and several police at the cabin two doors down.

It was a young man and a friend that were with their grampa. The young men never came back .

All it takes is an officer walking by to get caught, so it wouldn't be the smartest move to do drugs on a cruise ship. I've seen people disembarked in handcuffs and turned over to the FBI in a foreign port. There have been several cases recently on RCCL ships where passengers or crew were caught. It's not unusual these days for a random inspection to be done with a drug-sniffing dog. You're not in the US, and some countries are pretty darned strict.

It always amazes me what people will do but if they aren't bothering me whatever they do is their business. A few cruises ago it was sad to see some teenagers from the ship getting arrested for buying drugs, the anguished looks on their faces and their parents will never be forgotten.

Maybe they learned a really good lesson.

That was my next question.... been there, done that??? :confused:

Not necessarily. Anyone who lived in a college dorm in the late 60s/early 70s when DH and I were in school knows what pot smells like. Doesn't matter if we engaged in smoking activity or not. The stuff was there, dorm residents smoked pot, and everyone knew about it.

DH and I have often smelled pot on cruises, but who are we to judge others who might have a legitimate health issue that requires the use of marihuana? I would never even consider ratting someone out for smoking pot because it's legal in many states for medical use. jmo

Chris

Not necessarily. Anyone who lived in a college dorm in the late 60s/early 70s when DH and I were in school knows what pot smells like. Doesn't matter if we engaged in smoking activity or not. The stuff was there, dorm residents smoked pot, and everyone knew about it.

Isn't that the truth!

How do you know what pot smells like ?:p

There are many ways. Years ago, we had some kids and their parties in the farm right behind our subdivision. Quite strong some weekends, and we learned what it was. Had some problem with kids jaunting across our property trampling the garden until I put up a sign "WARNING: Patrolled by armed housewife with short temper!". No problem after that.

DH and I have often smelled pot on cruises, but who are we to judge others who might have a legitimate health issue that requires the use of marihuana? I would never even consider ratting someone out for smoking pot because it's legal in many states for medical use. jmo

Chris

even though it is legal in many states for medicinal use the transport of any drug is illegal..we have friends who are going on a trip to Alaska with us. he has been diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor and smokes pot for pain control..it is illegal for him to transport drug from CA to Alaska.

Archived