How old was your child the first time cruising?

Peace2U

Last November...Two years and two days... Camp Carnival eligible!!! It was our first real vacation since he was born. We took the Pride out of Baltimore. Rented a car in FL with a car seat and went to Ardastra Gardens with my old Bahamian college house mate (sort of a mini college reunion) in Nassau. He seemed to have fun at Camp Carnival and discovered how to operate elevators much to our horror. It was great for us too. We could spend time with ourselves without worrying about the toddler's safety. We don't live near any family, so grandparents etc. are not an option. We cruise to Bermuda this fall and Alaska next summer.

My daughter was 13 months for her first cruise which was NCL Pride of Hawaii. It was great, we had an aft mini-suite and brought a highchair from the dining room to our balcony for quick meals/snacks. She absolutely loved it.

Since then she has been on the CCL Fascination twice, CCL Glory and will be on the NCL Gem to Bermuda this fall just after her 5th birthday.

She loves cruising, the kids clubs, the shows, the ports, the people... just like her Mom ;)

At this rate, she'll be platinum before she's a teenager :-D

I will join this discussion. First cruise for DD was 2 months prior to her 5th birthday. She has two cruises under her already. Our next cruise is coming up in July and then I have to decide to go on HAL during New Years or try Allure of the Seas later in January. Never been on a RCI cruise ship, don't know what to expect. Only know HAL, Carnival, and Celebrity. DD only has been on HAL.

When the cruises end she always asks when our next cruise is. So I think I have created a monster. She gets upset when we go to a land based hotel. Because I am a single father I have to take her to medical conferences from time to time. During these trips she wonders why we can't go on a ship instead.

I'm a single Mom and we love cruising... it's also great for me cause she loves the Kids Clubs so much I actually get some alone/relax/fun time for me. The only downside is paying adult fare for a little one... oh well, worth every penny!

I'm a mother of 4 children. The oldest 24, then 22, 16 and now a 2 year old. My 16 year old was my youngest to cruise at the age of 6. He only remembers certain things about the cruise.

We are debating if we should start taking our youngest, which will be 3 next month, when we cruise this year. I'm sure she'll have a blast, however, I'm pretty sure once it's done and over with, she won't remember it. I'm also concerned with how much we'll be tied down and miss out on the experience of things we would be able to do. Then there is the terrible "3's" as we call it, since none of our children ever hit the terrible two's until they were 3. I'm still debating this one. :(

Archived