How old was your child the first time cruising?

Peace2U

Mine too, he was also 4 and was crazy about it, everything !!! :D Specially the kids club I think... My younger one has sailed at 9 months and she went perfect as well, just caught a bit of too much sun/heat while waiting at ports but otherwise she went fine, even at MDR :D she allways fell asleep and would just let us quietly have dinner after had diner herself and with her brother at the kids club... She was too small of course but she did great and not the slightest problem (concerning food, bath or nap time, all went great). It seems like they sleep better in the ships ;) they get so tired from all the activity and then with the slow rocking of the sea....... zzzzzzzzzz

Well, I also sailed preagnant but I suppose that doesnt count because I didn't really experience any particular "feeling", so I don't think my daughter had any reaction to the cruise by then ;) No nausea or extra-tired, that was already great !

Son was just almost 4 and our daughter was 6, that was in April 2005. We're almost three weeks away from cruise #4 for all of us!! I love that they have experienced so many different places and met so many friends along the way!

For our vacation this year, we were looking at going to an all-inclusive, but when my hubby asked the kids what they preferred, it was hands down a cruise!! Those cruises are some of our best memories as a family! On our first one way back when, our daughter who was 6 and very small for her age (she still is now too) participated in the camp carnival talent show at the end of the cruise. She had wanted to sing a Hllary Duff song but didn't have her music with her, she knew the song off by heart and got up there on stage in front of about 100 parents and kids and belted that song out. We were sooooo proud of her and she's been singing and performing in little talent shows, here and there ever since. She has never once been nervous! She already has her song picked out for the kids talent night for this cruise, lol!

21 months. I wouldn't do that again though, LOL! It was too much work and the stuffies on the Holland America line were not pleased to have a toddler onboard. This was not a trip I planned myself...my aunt booked our entire extended family on that cruise, which was to New England and Canada.

3 and 6 on Disney, they had a blast. The kids don't remember squat, but we have some nice pictures to remind them!

Now we do it every year or two, they still love it and can remember more of the cruises and other vacations too.

My son was four the first time he cruised. He loved it!

My youngest sister was 4 and had been adopted from Russia 18 months earlier. The staff on the Caribbean Princess were awesome with her! The counselors were accommodating of her lack of English, and the waiters made a bed for her out of 2 dining room chairs and cloth napkins when she fell asleep at dinner the last night!

Archived