BOA Visa Points Questions

I have searched the board for over an hour and could not find the answers to all my questions. I apologize in advance if I missed some, but any assistance is greatly appreciated.

A brief history. I have lots of points, as I have used my card for everything. Starting this June, my points will start "expiring" and I will start loosing points (as I earned them over 5 years ago). I currently have 2 RCCL cruises booked, one in November 2011 and on in January 2012. I have GS booked on both.

My questions:

1) Since I book a GS (which is not covered in the point usage list they provided), should I just have them send me 250,000 certificates and have them applied towards the GS? Or is there a better way to handle?

2) If I use certificates towards cruises, what happens if I have to cancel or change the date of a cruise?

Any additional thoughts/suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated.

If you have "7-night" cruises booked, you can use 125,000 to get "A free Cruise for Two" (for the "oceanview" cabin rate). What that means is you can get the price of your GS reduced as much as whatever an Oceanview Cabin sells for on your particular cruise.

Example:

If an oceanview cabin sells for $1000 per person, and the GS sells for $2500 per person, you can get a $2,000.oo reduction in your cruise price and only pay the difference of $3000 for your GS.

Hope This Helps.

Thanks so much for the response. I guess I am still wondering what happens (to the BOA credit) if I need to change the cruise.

From what I understand, as long as you don't cancel the cruise but keep the same reservation number and move it to a new date, the credit should transfer. However, you're best bet is to call BOA/RCCL and ask them about it before doing anything.

you could also order several 50,000 points coupons/ certificates for $500 off cruise price each to apply to your cruise (s)- so for 250,000 points you would get 5 50,000 certs for 500 off each = worth 2500 off the cruise price-

I did not know the points expired. QUESTION: How do you know which points expire and when? I have almost 175,000 and I do not see an expiration date on my statements.

As stated above they expire 5 years from when they are earned. You would have to call BOA . We have a card that we got in Octobeer 2006, so I know that I will need to redeem my points before then or they will start to expire.

Archived