MTD question.....

Hi all. I'm looking for some facts and some opinions here. I am cruising April 28th on Navigator. It is the first cruise I will be traveling solo on. All my other cruises have been with a group of friends and family ranging from 6 to 40 people. This made dinner a fun event every night as we would all come together and share stories of the day.

When I booked I chose late seating, large table basically out of habit and now I am wondering if I should try MTD. My question is this, do I have to select it prior to boarding or can I simply show up at the particular dining room that is doing MTD and be seated? That is the factual based question. The opinions I am looking for are would it be better to be the odd man out at a table with the same guests every night or would that potentially be uncomfortable for them? I know a lot would depend on the other guests and also me but was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience with sharing a table with a total stranger.

Thanks for any thoughts, Jim

This decision must be made prior to boarding (and gratuities paid upfront with MTD)...Sorry can't change midstream..Sounds like you have made a good choice with a large table..hopefully you will be seated with other solos and or great tablemates..Enjoy your cruise !!!

If you want company at dinner, stick to traditional, with a large table...most MTD'ers do not want company, so you may find yourself all alone at dinner....not much fun, IMO!

Even if you aren't with other "solos", you will have fun with your dining companions. It's the part of cruising that I look forward to every night!

Thank you both for your responses. I know it is impossible to predict what tablemates will be like so I guess I will just show up the first night, meet whoever else is at the table and if it's terrible eat elsewhere the next three nights. I do enjoy the main dining room food and experience though so hopefully all goes well:). Take care, Jim

Archived