PEI and Quebec City - Both on Maasdam's Itineraries

sail7seas

I heard on the news that the Royal Wedding Honeymooners will visit Quebec City and Charlottetown (among other locations in Canada) for their Honeymoon. I knew these ports were worthy of Royalty but this just proves it.

How fun they have chosen these outstanding places to visit.

I'm just glad our cruises are after that as it is apt to be chaos what with security etc.

(I think the wedding is April 29).

Two of my favorite places. I wonder if they'll stay at Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City or find a more secluded private place.

PEI is such a lovely place. We have enjoyed multiple visits, and look forward to being there again in October.

There's really so much to adore in the Canadian Maritimes. This itinerary should be on everyone's bucket list if they haven't done it already. Like those addictive potato chips, I'll bet you can't "eat" just one!

We visit PEI, Quebec City, Halifax and all the wonderful ports on Maasdam's Canada/New England itinerary every summer, back-to-back. We cannot get enough of that cruise and have done it annually for years.

I believe I read they will be in Canada this summer, for Canada Day....July 1st, I think.

Prince William and Kate will be visiting Canada this summer from June 30th to July 8th. They'll be in Ottawa (Ontario) on July 1st to partake in the Canada Day festivities. A visit to the Arctic is also on the agenda.

Two of my favorite places. I wonder if they'll stay at Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City or find a more secluded private place.

PEI is such a lovely place. We have enjoyed multiple visits, and look forward to being there again in October.

There's really so much to adore in the Canadian Maritimes. This itinerary should be on everyone's bucket list if they haven't done it already. Like those addictive potato chips, I'll bet you can't "eat" just one!

Thanks for the kind words on the Maritimes Jim - we like it here to (except in the winter). Looking forward to the Royal Visit :):)

Prince William and Kate will be visiting Canada this summer from June 30th to July 8th. They'll be in Ottawa (Ontario) on July 1st to partake in the Canada Day festivities. A visit to the Arctic is also on the agenda.

Do you happen to have a schedule of what days they will be in which cities?

Seems we may be 'there' approximately same dates they are. :)

Do you happen to have a schedule of what days they will be in which cities?

Seems we may be 'there' approximately same dates they are. :)

As soon as the dates are announced I will post them to this thread. We are going away at the end of March but I am sure they will be announced before then as a lot of planning has to go into a royal visit.

If they are to be in PEI the same day as Maasdam, I think it fair to say, Maasdam will not be able t o visit. Same could happen at Quebec City.

Of course, we'll have to wait and see.

That really shouldn't be a problem. On royal visits, life goes on as normal with the exception of a few street closures.

Thanks, Sapper. That's good to know. Of course, Quebec City is so congested it could be a problem but chances are Charlottetown less so.

I'd love to have the chance to see the happy newlyweds even from afar. I love a good romantic story. :)

Totally agree and I'm Canadian. Growing up I laughed and shunned PEI as being potato and Anne of Green Gables land until the day the Maasdam arrived at the island with me onboard. Prince Edward Island is truly a jewel and worth visiting. Its only the second island that I visited by cruise ship that I fell in love with from approaching her from sea.

Quebec City was always a favourite but until the Maasdam voyage of a few years ago I hadn't been there since I was 13. (Don't ask how long ago that was :D!)

Anyway, I was glad to show off both places to my partner who had never been to both before.

This cruise is definately on my radar I'd love to do a b2b from Montreal...I loved PEI the moment I stepped on the soil, it does just steel your heart..

Looking forward to the visit, I'm hoping they will hit Toronto, but who knows they may just whiz by in a train or something that's how I'd see Canada again I did that in the 60's and loved every single minute of it..but I'm in love with the sea, it's addictive.

PEI is Prince Edward Island, Canada's smallest province. It's on the Atlantic coast, reachable by bridge from New Brunswick and ferry from Nova Scotia......as well as from the Maasdam.:)

We visit PEI, Quebec City, Halifax and all the wonderful ports on Maasdam's Canada/New England itinerary every summer, back-to-back. We cannot get enough of that cruise and have done it annually for years.

That's great. Since you have done this cruise so many times what would you suggest for tours for a first timer on this itinerary? Thank you.

This cruise is definately on my radar I'd love to do a b2b from Montreal...I loved PEI the moment I stepped on the soil, it does just steel your heart..

Looking forward to the visit, I'm hoping they will hit Toronto, but who knows they may just whiz by in a train or something that's how I'd see Canada again I did that in the 60's and loved every single minute of it..but I'm in love with the sea, it's addictive.

Unofficially...

The TSX is trying to get them for a market open. But you didn't hear that from me...

Deb

Very true. I was on Maasdam in 2004 with this itinerary. I did another similar cruise Oct. 2010 on NCL Spirit. I would go back again and spend more time in Quebec City pre or post cruise.

Any of you Maasdam regulars considering the Oct 2012 repo cruise. We just booked a suite $2000 less per person than the same cruise for 2011. We prefer the Statendam class ships. Always feel at home on these very special ships.:)

Archived