Thanks for nothing RCL

Um, wow. Please enjoy another cruise line that has their faceless, nameless computer send out mass birthday greetings. The rest of us are happy to enjoy our vacations and have no need for further junk mail.

The only reason I'd want an acknowledgement of my birthday from RCL is if it had a big fat discount certificate that was valid for my next cruise. Otherwise I'd appreciate RCL not encourage mass deforestation sending unpersonal birthday greetings.

Geez.

From an e-mail?

Just opened my e-mail a while ago......Today is My Birthday...along with lots of best wishes from Friends and Family....I had a GREAT B-Day Card and greeting from...........Carnival Cruise Line. How nice of them! :)

I just sailed a three day cruise with them a few weeks back and I really apprecited the warm wishes.........Now for RCL.....NOTHING... :(

WE HAVE 30 CRUISES with them and yes they have both my Home e-mail and work e-mail...get e-mail about cruises from them on occasion.

RCL...better start doing your homework and look at how the competitors treat thier past guests. It would be nice to get something from RCL since they are...maybe were our line of choice. :(:(:(

Mike

You have got to be kinding me !!!

Call your mommy...maybe she will make you feel better.

Mike, I want you to close your eyes and try to envision yourself on any RCI ship. It's dinner time in the MDR and they have just taken everyone's order for dessert.

Got the picture? Suddenly out of no where you are surrounded by waiters and assitant waiters and your head waiter and in front of you they place a piece of dessert with a lighted candle and begin singing

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to you

Hope you have a wonderful day...........:D

Just opened my e-mail a while ago......Today is My Birthday...along with lots of best wishes from Friends and Family....I had a GREAT B-Day Card and greeting from...........Carnival Cruise Line. How nice of them! :)

I just sailed a three day cruise with them a few weeks back and I really apprecited the warm wishes.........Now for RCL.....NOTHING... :(

WE HAVE 30 CRUISES with them and yes they have both my Home e-mail and work e-mail...get e-mail about cruises from them on occasion.

RCL...better start doing your homework and look at how the competitors treat thier past guests. It would be nice to get something from RCL since they are...maybe were our line of choice. :(:(:(

Mike

I guess it was a nice gesture for Carnival to wish you a happy birthday.

But I see it as ONLY a way to get you going to book another cruise with them. It's called good PR.

I can't believe that...if you love RCI as much as you say, that you could get that mad over something so trivial.

I hope you let it go and have a wonderful birthday.:)

I, myself, prefer when giant, faceless, multinational companies mind their own business and leave birthday wishes to my significant other, family members and close friends. I don't care if their database knows if it is my birthday or not. Unless they are giving me something besides shallow comments, I will initiate the communication. Thank you.

My thought exactly! When I read the op's post I was thinking about how to express my opinion at empty b'day wishes. After reading your post I realize it said it perfectly!

If I remember right, on my last birthday the president RCCL called me up and he and his entire staff sang the Happy Birthday song to me. Maybe you missed his call?

If I got a call like that I would complain and say is was a nuisance call !!! pmsl :D

As regards to an e-card, that would be spam !!! :)

Growing up very poor, we rarely got ANYTHING for our birthdays. That's just the way it was, we were poor and we had 5 children in our family. I guess having never had the privilege of gifts bestowed upon us I find this topic shallow. We were happy to have our favorite meal cooked for us on our birthdays, simpler times I guess...

Mike, I want you to close your eyes and try to envision yourself on any RCI ship. It's dinner time in the MDR and they have just taken everyone's order for dessert.

Got the picture? Suddenly out of no where you are surrounded by waiters and assitant waiters and your head waiter and in front of you they place a piece of dessert with a lighted candle and begin singing

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Love it lol

OK Joke....maybe maybe not.....not aimed at the crew or the product.....just a wake up call to RCL to say hey......lets do something nice for the passengers who keep us in business. We are all tracked by some computer some where....look at the junk mail we get every day. They ask for our B-day somewhere if we have ever traveled on thier ships...just like carnival got my info. Shallow as some said....OK, I am shallow...whatever.....I was just SUPRISED when I saw the Carnival e-mail...As to maybe maybe not sailing with RCL and spending lots of money with them...hey, they left us WEST COASTERS high and Dry....another sore subject...lets not go there.....but looks like other lines are here for us WC to spend our money on.....they just lost out on over 2 grand from us LOYAL RCL cruisers a couple of weeks ago. So to you that FLAMED me...oh well....It now the day after my B-Day and i have another 364 days to wait for my next greeting from Carnival......:):):)

So from Carnival and Me.....for the next 364 days...I WILL NOT FORGET YOU.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL AND HAPPY CRUISING!

MIKE

CLICK ON CARD TO PLAY....IT IS VERY CUTE!!!! AND YES I SEE MY NAME

0717BULKarn_yourBday_090708.jpg

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Actually, it's HAPPY BIRSDAY TO YOU, lol!

Happy Birthday yesterday Mike!

Personally, as a Carnival shareholder, I think it's a great that Carnival sends these out to their customers. Let's be honest, they don't do it for any other reason other than to use as a marketing tool. All things being equal, if someone doesn't care if they travel on Carnival or a different cruise line, something like this might just make the difference between Carnival getting that customer back and not. These companies, RCI included, spend millions on marketing themselves so why not take the time to do it right? Well done Carnival.

Oh, and Happy belated birthday Mike! :)

Archived