Thanks for nothing RCL

Just opened my e-mail a while ago......Today is My Birthday...along with lots of best wishes from Friends and Family....I had a GREAT B-Day Card and greeting from...........Carnival Cruise Line. How nice of them! :)

I just sailed a three day cruise with them a few weeks back and I really apprecited the warm wishes.........Now for RCL.....NOTHING... :(

WE HAVE 30 CRUISES with them and yes they have both my Home e-mail and work e-mail...get e-mail about cruises from them on occasion.

RCL...better start doing your homework and look at how the competitors treat thier past guests. It would be nice to get something from RCL since they are...maybe were our line of choice. :(:(:(

Mike

Just opened my e-mail a while ago......Today is My Birthday...along with lots of best wishes from Friends and Family....I had a GREAT B-Day Card and greeting from...........Carnival Cruise Line. How nice of them! :)

I just sailed a three day cruise with them a few weeks back and I really apprecited the warm wishes.........Now for RCL.....NOTHING... :(

WE HAVE 30 CRUISES with them and yes they have both my Home e-mail and work e-mail...get e-mail about cruises from them on occasion.

RCL...better start doing your homework and look at how the competitors treat thier past guests. It would be nice to get something from RCL since they are...maybe were our line of choice. :(:(:(

Mike

April 1st has come early!!

(D+ and never a birthday email, time for counselling..........:eek:

That would be a good job for you to take. Just how many people would have a birthday also on your day. Maybe 1,500. To make it right they would at least have to have your first name on it. Do you send e-mails to all your freinds that you know and have helped you out. Doctor, plumer, paper boy, fireman, the people that live next door to you. It would be lots of work for them to do this. I hope you family did something for you. You have a great birthday. See you on your next RCCL cruise.;)

Mike

Hello Mike!

FYI, check out our old thread...the Mariner of the Seas! Hope Bill treated you royally!

Happy Birthday! Happy Year!

Patrick and

Mike

Happy Birthday, hope you are having a good day despite being ignored by your favourite cruiseline.

I, myself, prefer when giant, faceless, multinational companies mind their own business and leave birthday wishes to my significant other, family members and close friends. I don't care if their database knows if it is my birthday or not. Unless they are giving me something besides shallow comments, I will initiate the communication. Thank you.

So what you find so important is a computer generated birthday card from a company that neither really cares or knows about your birthday. You can get that sort of crap from lots of places - restaurants, stores, etc. Can I assume that the really reason for your hissy fit is that you did not get any cards from anyone who does care about you so you have decided to take it out on a computer.

DON

Happy Birthday :)

BTW- Ive got 15 CCL cruises and never got a birthday email. They must really want you back ;)

I also received a birthday card from Carnival.

ps. how did u get the Allure ticker to work?? I tried and couldn't :)

Mike

If I remember right, on my last birthday the president RCCL called me up and he and his entire staff sang the Happy Birthday song to me. Maybe you missed his call?

If I remember right, on my last birthday the president RCCL called me up and he and his entire staff sang the Happy Birthday song to me. Maybe you missed his call?

I got the same call they had such lovely singing voices. It's my birthday on Monday 21st so perhaps this year they will call sing to me and then offer me upgrades on upcoming cruises. It must be a new perk for Diamond Plus!

I, myself, prefer when giant, faceless, multinational companies mind their own business and leave birthday wishes to my significant other, family members and close friends. I don't care if their database knows if it is my birthday or not. Unless they are giving me something besides shallow comments, I will initiate the communication. Thank you.

touche!

HA! I can't wait... I'm only gold level C&A but I'll keep my fingers crossed for this perk.;)

I get dozens of automated birthday email messages from companies that I have done business with and I know they weren't composed or sent by humans, but by a database. Unless they contain a special offer, they mean nothing to me.

Mike

I’m sure on your next Cruise RCCL will offer you some cheese to go with your whine.

Mike

Seriously??? You used to prefer RC but now you don't, simply because they didn't send you a mass produced, computer generated email saying happy birthday??? Does the Carnival email have some inherent value to it? Can you cash it in for a discount on a cruise or something? :confused:

I would have to say that getting a computer generated message from a program that has the ability to track dates would be pretty much meaningless to me so I would rather that RCI not waste the time or money to put one into place. They have enough other things to work on that would be of more value.

I think the problem is that people loose sight of the fact that a cruise line is a business and nothing more than that. People tend to think that there is some sort of relationship other than business. And the cruise lines do try and foster that illusion. But the fact is that to RCI we are all C&A numbers that just happen to own credit cards.

Um, wow. Please enjoy another cruise line that has their faceless, nameless computer send out mass birthday greetings. The rest of us are happy to enjoy our vacations and have no need for further junk mail.

The only reason I'd want an acknowledgement of my birthday from RCL is if it had a big fat discount certificate that was valid for my next cruise. Otherwise I'd appreciate RCL not encourage mass deforestation sending unpersonal birthday greetings.

Geez.

Archived