dress code (sort of)

askfirst

I have read a review that made some comments about people with tattoos that were on a cruise, my Family are due to travel on our first cruise in April, my wife and I are 40ish and both have tattoos, I am a little concerned that we may be judged (by the minority) on how we choose to look (never had to think about it until I read these comments), we are both professionals in the financial sector and like all others on board, work hard to pay for our trip.

I have read a review that made some comments about people with tattoos that were on a cruise, my Family are due to travel on our first cruise in April, my wife and I are 40ish and both have tattoos, I am a little concerned that we may be judged (by the minority) on how we choose to look (never had to think about it until I read these comments), we are both professionals in the financial sector and like all others on board, work hard to pay for our trip.

Hi,

I see no problem with tattoos at all.

Now the ear rings nose, studs and rings, green hair and boffer boots.......well........

Gan canny

Dai

I've don't think there's any references in Cruise Line do's and don'ts as to how people look personally, so even if you have HATE tattooed on your knuckles and a demon on your neck, you should be OK. Mind you, you would probably be guaranteed a table to yourself in the dining room and some passengers would tut tut at you.

Seriously, just go and enjoy it and ignore the few who would judge you by your looks - decent folk are always made welcome.

I think at least 50-60% of people have tattoos, the ships would be empty if everyone with a tattoo stayed at home. Have a great time. :D

William,

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I would not post if I didn't want to hear both sides.

I also agree (believe it or not) that it would be inappropriate to display them on a formal night and ours won't be.

Tramp stamp is a bit harsh without understanding the meaning.. some are a badge of honour for time spent in Bosnia and Iraq in a previous career.

Tramp stamp is a bit harsh without understanding the meaning.. some are a badge of honour for time spent in Bosnia and Iraq in a previous career.

A bit harsh? Ignorant more like..... That told you WD!

(I know a pitman (miner) who had to have a digit amputated because of Vibration White Finger, He now has tattos that say LOVE and HAT on his knuckles):D

Thank you very much I'm here all week;)

A bit harsh? Ignorant more like..... That told you WD!

I refer you to the post above.

I have it on good authority that "military tattoos" are more likely to be related to ethanol than anything else. I do wonder how many are now deeply regretted?

WD

William,

Thanks for your reply, there is a time and a place for everything, we would not want to offend anyone, we just wanted to ensure that we appreciate that everyone would have paid good money to travel and they also have the right to enjoy their holiday.

It is a choice.

Thanks for your comments

some are a badge of honour for time spent in Bosnia and Iraq in a previous career.

Ah, so it's a military tattoo we're talking about.

Where do you plan to keep the Band of the Royal Regiment of Scotland and the Massed Pipes and Drums? The cabin storage space can be somewhat limited:eek:.

Sir Martin

On our last Roll call were two people who had been distressed and worried about such remarks, both having tattoos and never experiencing hostile remarks before. Needless to say, they were both interesting, polite people who were merely following fashion, and they had a wonderful time on our P&O ship.

Jo.

I'm quite heavily tattooed and looking forward to our third cruise in a couple of weeks.

Although I do dress appropriately for dinner, I have no qualms with the tattoos showing during the day out and about and by the pool. I'm sure I've been noticed but nobody has ever said anything negative.

In fact the only remarks I've ever had were from waiters asking where they were done and how long it took !

You certainly won't be the only ones with tattoos. Show 'em off and be proud !

Cruise cancelled!!!!

Mauritius here we come, didn't think it would bother me....

Sorry to hear that. The views of the Pando Taliban which permeate this board represent a tiny majority of the people we met on our first P&O cruise last December.

Do try a cruise next time and ignore inane ramblings of a few sad souls!

I really hope the op has not cancelled due to these remarks.

I don't have any tattoos as I'm a little old (That's my opinion) but several members of my family do and they are all very nice people!

Maybe some posters should remember the saying 'Don't judge a book by it's cover'.

It's sad that some 'cruisers' have a snobbish approach to this kind of holiday, my father brought me up to believe that there are people in this world who may have more money than you but that doesn't make them better than you.

I have to admit that I am a more 'mature' woman and I really really fancy having a dolphin tattoo on the top of my foot and I can assure you I am most certainly NOT tramp! :D

Archived