dress code (sort of)

askfirst

I really hope the op has not cancelled due to these remarks.

I don't have any tattoos as I'm a little old (That's my opinion) but several members of my family do and they are all very nice people!

Maybe some posters should remember the saying 'Don't judge a book by it's cover'.

It's sad that some 'cruisers' have a snobbish approach to this kind of holiday, my father brought me up to believe that there are people in this world who may have more money than you but that doesn't make them better than you.

I have to admit that I am a more 'mature' woman and I really really fancy having a dolphin tattoo on the top of my foot and I can assure you I am most certainly NOT tramp! :D

Hi, I am in my late fifties and have a tattoo which I still really like and have no regrets at having it done. It helped with being remembered by a certain Captain on OV which led to my sister and myself having many enjoyable drinks and occasional meals with the said Captain and Staff Captain.

If others do not approve then don't look.

• 2 weeks later...

Such a shame if the OP has cancelled due to comments here .....:eek:

Mauritius is ok(actually very nice) --but Caribbean is better, but thats their choice .

As for the tattoos etc -- what a load of drivvle --we are talking Ventura .. NOT Cunard .. or a top notch ship !

Ventura is a working class's cruise ship -- ... a posh Spain - or 5 STAR Blackpool .

Lovely ship - mixed bunch of working class people -- and some seem to forget this when new cruisers ask questions ....

tut tut @ offenders ... :p

Such a shame if the OP has cancelled due to comments here .....:eek:

Mauritius is ok(actually very nice) --but Caribbean is better, but thats their choice .

As for the tattoos etc -- what a load of drivvle --we are talking Ventura .. NOT Cunard .. or a top notch ship !

Ventura is a working class's cruise ship -- ... a posh Spain - or 5 STAR Blackpool .

Lovely ship - mixed bunch of working class people -- and some seem to forget this when new cruisers ask questions ....

tut tut @ offenders ... :p

It doesnt really matter which ship it is, if people have tattoos thats their business who should judge?? I know well off doctors and teachers that have tattoos and piercings, I would never look at anyone with a tat and think oooer working class! Its not always true.

It doesnt really matter which ship it is, if people have tattoos thats their business who should judge?? I know well off doctors and teachers that have tattoos and piercings, I would never look at anyone with a tat and think oooer working class! Its not always true.

I agree!

Interesting conversation ! Some are for tattoos, some are against.

But what really stands out is that the ones who are FOR, are less tolerant of the ones who are against.

Just MHO after reading all the posts.

Ops to late for me to cancel now as I fly out tomorrow :D I have 3 tattoo's including one on my ankle which can be seen when wearing a dress obviously, yes & I'm female. But do I care? Nope, if anyone whats to judge because of my tattoo's then there not worth bothering with, more important things going on in this world to be concerned about.

Jo

:cool::cool:

PS I am known to drink pints as well :p

Ops to late for me to cancel now as I fly out tomorrow :D I have 3 tattoo's including one on my ankle which can be seen when wearing a dress obviously, yes & I'm female. But do I care? Nope, if anyone whats to judge because of my tattoo's then there not worth bothering with, more important things going on in this world to be concerned about.

Jo

Is that pints of lager or.................. Wine??:D

I can't believe someone's comment that 50-60% of cruisers have tattoos. Personally I think a woman in a super evening outfit with a tatto across her back spoils the whole outfit, but I wouldn't change tables! LOL

I don't understand the whole concept of tattoes, but each to their own. Saw a lot of them on Azura, but none on Artemis - and there were some youngsters on Artemis - but they are very different ships.

Jo

biggirl69 hope you have a nice cruise :) , im male and have lots of tattoo's :eek: ,but i could not care less what other's think about them, i paid for them , the way these people go on about tattoo's you would think they own the ship, well im sorry but our money is as good as your's im afraid, still i suppose you've got to have something to moan about or you wouldn't be happy !

Archived