Murano Restaurant Lobster Thermidor

tjunmin

on what ship? I wish they had lobster thermidor, I was just on Solstice, that was not on the Murano menu. Is one of my favorite dishes.

The Murano menu for the Solstice on the Celebrity website indicates they offer lobster thermidor. It might be the case the website is outdated then.

I had surf and turf in Murano's on the Equinox last year and my lobster was thermidored!

I've got a photo but I don't know how to download it!! I did try but my kids are out so I had no one to show me.

I'll try another time - but just wanted you to know they do have it and it's amazing! :)

The Murano menu for the Solstice on the Celebrity website indicates they offer lobster thermidor. It might be the case the website is outdated then.

Do you have a link? I can't find the menu on the website and wanted to see the full description again. I was just on Solstice last week, and while there is a lobster dish on the menu at Murano's, it is not billed as "lobster thermidor." The dish has some similarities to lobster thermidor, but is not served in the lobster shell, or topped with parmesan, as is typical, and it has some ingredients (such as bacon) that are not traditionally in a thermidor recipe.

now that I think back to last week, in Murano's waiter told us our cruise was the first of a new menu

They had lobster on the menu, a frozen warm water tail, taken out of the shell and sauteed in front of you in butter, chopped bacon, and parmesan cheese then quickly flambeed in brandy. Honestly didn't impress me too much. I had the venison one night, lamb the next. My wife had duck one night and venison one night. Excellent.

So as of now there is definitely NO THERMIDOR on the solstice anyway. If there was I for sure would have ordered it.

• 5 months later...
Does anyone have a photo of the Lobster Thermidor served at Murano? I'm confident there is at least one foodie here who has that picture.

Sorry for the delay! You can understand why. As the below pictures details, we didn't dined in Murano until June 17, 2011 on our 39th wedding anniversary. Three of the four at our table had the lobster dish. It was prepared table side and was very nice. As I understand, Celebrity just came out with the new 200-page plus cookbook. I'm sure there are pictures there.

They used four lobsters tails to prepare the dinner for the three of us ordering this item. My lobster was a little tough. But, I didn't suffer or starve!! See much more with the pictures below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now at 26,102 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Three of us had the Murano Lobster as our main entrees. It is cooked and prepared table-side from lobster tails that are first presented table-side.:

MuranoPrepareLobster.jpg

And then the lobster is served!!!:

MuranoLobsterFinalDish.jpg

Three at our table went for the “Grand Marnier Souffle” with Creme Anglaise a la Grousse Tahitenne. It was loved so much, especially the sauce that poured in the middle.:

Murano2DessertTwo.jpg

My dessert choice was “Les VI Etoiles du Murano”. It is six different bite-sized desserts. My wife and I were going to share this one, but she switched for the souffle. I got this whole selection, but, don’t worry, I didn’t and couldn’t eat it all. Very delightful!:

Murano2DessertTimesSix.jpg

After dinner, the Executive Chef and Maitre ‘D for Murano came past our table to check on our satisfaction. There are shown here with Amy and Milt from Central Ohio.:

MuranoWithChefEtc.jpg

Here is an overview for this wonderfully appointed room with nice wood, ceiling, glass, etc., details. Maximum capacity for seating in 90. For the last night, they have 30 people on a waiting listing. We booked ahead which was smart in order to get a specific date. The added charge for dining here is $35 per person.:

MuranoRoomOverview.jpg

Archived