shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaveral?

Fred C

I'm sure that there is transportation from the airport to the pier. I don't know the cost as we live near Orlando and use a shuttle service to the pier from our house. To find out the cost, I suggest you call your TA or if you booked directly with RCI that you give them a call to find out the cost.

I believe if you get a shuttle, it is far cheaper than having the cruiseline do it for you. We use http://www.travelynx.net to get to the port and back. I am enclosing a thread that has tons of info, including info re car rentals. Scroll down the page and if you have time, read from there on. Lots of info. Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114&page=44

We are doing a one way car rental from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral. Do a search for discount codes. I was able to rent a car for about $50. When we drop the car off in Port Canaveral they will drive us to the ship.

On our return we are doing the Aligator Jet Boat ride excursion through the ship and they will bring us to the airport after the excursion.

I do believe that RCCL does it but it cost 36pp each way - for a total of 144.00. We have reservations through travelynx which is picking us up at a hotel in Orlando and bringing us to ship and then back to the airport for $25.00pp each way. Poster #2 has the link - good luck

I'm sure that there is transportation from the airport to the pier. I don't know the cost as we live near Orlando and use a shuttle service to the pier from our house. To find out the cost, I suggest you call your TA or if you booked directly with RCI that you give them a call to find out the cost.

I believe if you get a shuttle, it is far cheaper than having the cruiseline do it for you. We use www.travelynx.net to get to the port and back. I am enclosing a thread that has tons of info, including info re car rentals. Scroll down the page and if you have time, read from there on. Lots of info. Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114&page=44

Katie, have u been satisfied with Travelynx? Do they show up on time; I have to book a shuttle service for 11 people in Dec. Orlando-Port and back to Orlando.

with a big group, it might be better to look into renting a van at orlando international and driving to port canaveral. it's not a tough drive at all, basically one main road from the airport to the port. there are a few rental car agencies right near port that will drop you off.

booking through the cruise lines usually runs $35+ per person each way.

We rented a private car to transport us from the airport to cruise port for $160 round trip. Includes meet and greet at baggage claim and at the cruise port on our return. For the extra $20 it's well worth it to us. Not sure if you've ever taken a "cruise shuttle" but you have to wait for it to completely load. Meaning, if you are the first flight you will be waiting a while.

Our flight gets in at 10 am so we figure an hour drive an we'll be at the port about 11 am to board and bypass all the crazy lines!

http://www.orlandotransportationandtours.com/

We rented a private car to transport us from the airport to cruise port for $160 round trip. Includes meet and greet at baggage claim and at the cruise port on our return. For the extra $20 it's well worth it to us. Not sure if you've ever taken a "cruise shuttle" but you have to wait for it to completely load. Meaning, if you are the first flight you will be waiting a while.

Our flight gets in at 10 am so we figure an hour drive an we'll be at the port about 11 am to board and bypass all the crazy lines!

How many people were in your party? I just requested a quote from them for 10 people. Thanks for the info.

Wow- they were really fast getting back to me. They quoted me $25pp for roundtrip and $15 for one way (we may be doing the airboat excursion w/airport dropoff on the way back). I priced out some 12pax vans and they are running about $185-$209 for a oneway rental from MCO to Port Canaveral- it seems $150 is a heckuva better deal and less hassle. I think it may even be cheaper than renting 2 cars (1 4pax and 1 6pax).

How many people were in your party? I just requested a quote from them for 10 people. Thanks for the info.

It's just DH and I. We tend to shy away from large crowds of people... :D BTW our quote is for a private town car and not a shuttle bus. Since you have so many it's probably cheaper for you to use of their smaller shuttles. Hope it works out!

Thanks for the info; I will give them a shout and see what kind of price I am quoted

The place in the post #9-Orlando Transportation and Tours.

Melissa, let me know how you like the transportation and also how u liked the upgrades on Freedom. Am taking my 5 grandkids in Dec; so am curious about the upgrades and how people enjoyed them. Thanks

Melissa, let me know how you like the transportation and also how u liked the upgrades on Freedom. Am taking my 5 grandkids in Dec; so am curious about the upgrades and how people enjoyed them. Thanks

I plan on writing a big review when I get back with all the good stuff!!

Archived