Shadow, Sydney-Singapore NOW

duct tape

So it continues. We are on the last leg into drydock in Singapore. The ship is full, about 350, and about 1/2 are frequent floaters (Venetians). There are lots of familiar faces and greetings all around. We had an early recital from a singer and accompanist from the Sydney Opera Foundation...quite a treat! Some folks went to the Opera House to see Madame Butterfly. It was a perfect day in Sydney yesterday and a FAB sailaway last night. The sky was clear, the moon just about full and all the buildings sparkled along the harbor. The sea is calm today, the pool is warm and the pool deck is quite crowded. David the CD is back and Paolo has arrived as the HD. It will be a good trip. Anxious to see Brisbane tomorrow, hope it has recovered without too much pain. Jacko, thanx for the left-overs!!!

I was booked on this cruise, but cancelled it after being oftloaded from Silver Spirit to a private hospital on Tenerife. There was no way that I could have been up to going, but if I had known that you and your husband were aboard would have made an effort.

:) Good morning Duct tape from a very rainy UK - so glad to hear that you are having fun on the Shadow. Thank you for your Reports and we look forward to hearing about the last leg. Our friends Calvine & Charlie Bowen embarked in Sydney - do say Hi to them if you hitch up at Trivia !!!

Are you still on for the Transatlantic on Cloud, Barbados to Lisbon ?

- we hope so ( Chain Saw Man will also be onboard !! ).

Continue to have fun and keep safe.

Charlie, I hope you are much better and we will see you somewhere one of these days! Mayflower, Calvene and Charlie are here! It is a good crowd. We are on Hamilton Island today. It looks none the worse for wear since they evacuated the island a few weeks ago prior to the cyclone. Will see Cairns tomorrow and hope all is well there also. The weather has improved greatly and the pool has standing room only about 3 PM each day as folks reboard. Very good Curry Night last night with a frequent-floaters reunion. I think Venetian is tomorow and will let you all know if anything exciting happens! We are going to sail early today (3 PM) and the in-transits are invited to a reception on the Bridge for sail-away! Should be fun.

My wife and I joined the Shadow in Sydney. We are really enjoying the cruise and the staff and service are as good as we have experienced on previous Silversea cruises. Made contact with Duct Tape who will be leaving the ship in Singapore when the Shadow enters the dry dock. On the way to Thursday Island in the sunshine after rain prevented the pool BBQ in Cairns.

Nice to meet up with beanjar! We had a lovely day in Cairns yesterday. There is no apparent damage from the typhoon. It is a lovely setting for the ship: the harbor is surrounded by verdant hills, lightly veiled in mist with lots of small boats floating on their moorings. As beanjar said, it POURED last night right after the BBQ started and lots of folks got wet not to mention the crew who had to rearrange everything into the Terrazza. It is raining again now and tomorrow is forecasted to be overcast. Oh well, it is so hot that may not be a bad thing.

You are sooo welcome! I've not been able to find that Shiraz in Dallas yet but still looking. We ordered three cases from Leeuwin over lunch. Hope to see it by May. We'll share a Shiraz or Cab when we next get together.

Jacko and Ann

Kupang, West Timor, Indonesia, yesterday. Quite a pleasant reality check after so much time in neat, clean, organized OZ. Hot, steamy, chaotic, noisy...loved the day. Crazy bus drivers, texting as they pass other vehicles in the middle of the road. No A/C on the buses but nice and breezy. Komodo Island today...not so nice looking creatures. From the ship the island looks like Jurassic Park so the inhabitants are perfect in their roles! BIG (7-10 ft), bulky, slime droolers who look menacing. Lots of Park Rangers with sticks around. Very hot and humid but everyone agreed it was worth the effort! Tried to catch a small one to FedEx home but no luck. The pool had standing room only when everyone returned!

Holiday gridlock in Bali today. The Festival of Silence starts tonight. Sure hope we are out of town by then! Quite a few men on the ship wish we were staying! @sea for 2 days and then Singapore...drydock. Good trip.

Holiday gridlock in Bali today. The Festival of Silence starts tonight. Sure hope we are out of town by then! Quite a few men on the ship wish we were staying! @sea for 2 days and then Singapore...drydock. Good trip.

ENJOY YOUR LAST FEW DAYS, GUYS.

Have a safe journey home, where I guarantee, once you're back, you'll wish you were still onboard. :eek: Thanks for the updates, and give our love to Gilbert. Tell him we hope to see him again soon:)

Mary/Mike

My wife and I have just arrived in Singapore after a wonderful cruise from Sydney on the Shadow. The crew were fantastic and the Cruise Director David Lawton made it fun. Duct Tape has commented on the places we visited but Komodo was really interesting and we did not have enough time in Bali.

The Shadow goes into dry dock this afternoon and she should re appear looking smarter and with improvements such as a better wifi coverage.

It was fun meeting Duct Tape and she was on the Trivia team that seemed to win most days!

Now starts the long journey home!

Welcome home Susan.

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks so much for all the updates. Get some rest, and get ready to go again soon ???! We are back on CLoud next week. Will give your hugs to Jorge and Jimmy! Keep posting!

Mike and Mary

Archived