Opinions on Riviera tour options

Falcons07

So many of you have been to these places,and I would so appreciate your opinions. I have read up on all of these here on CC and general research, but I am having difficult narrowing them down.

On our cruise this past September, our port was at Villefranche. My husband & I took the bus up to Eze and absolutely loved it. This September, we will be stopping at Monaco and have decided to do a tour since we will be with friends.

Here are a list of the options, we are all interested in more culture & scenery rather than museums . What would be your preference of stops ? We do want to revisit Eze.

This is the suggested itinerary: Nice, Eze, Monaco & Monte-Carlo OR Nice, St Paul de Vence, Antibes & Cannes.

We have the option of customizing. Our 'tour time' is 8 hours

Thank you.....:)

Hi, Terry! I like your first name. If you loved Eze, you will like St. Paul de Vence and other smaller villages that get away from the crowded urban coastal cities. Lots to see and enjoy in these areas.

You might grab, maybe from your public libraries or ask for them to do a book transfer they can process for you, such super excellent visual books such as Eyewitness, Insight, etc. Rick Steves, Fodors, Frommers, etc., can work well, too. In my opinion, no one travel book has it "ALL", perfectly and completely for all of your needs. These resources, especially the visual ones, can you help better figure out your priorities, in advance, for what you want to do and see. That early research is very important. Don't wait until you get on the ship to "GUESS" what might be of interest. I always build a "file" on my laptop computer for each port stop with highlights from that reading and then pulling up stories/articles from the travels sections of the New York Times, Telegraph of London, Wikipedia, etc. All of those help to consider your many great options. Amazon can be very good in providing such books at reduced prices, plus some used books websites. Lots of great options!!! Especially in these days of the Internet, it makes things easier to research and plan ahead. You can use Google.com for great access to various text items, plus a wide variety of visuals and maps. One option for some private tour and other local options is to contract the tourism office in each of your ports. You can use Google.com and put in the search term such as "city/port name tourism office". Then follow-up to each of those office by e-mail, ask your questions, get their suggestions, options to consider, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now at 32,600 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Thanks Terry,

Love your first name too ! LOL First I do want to thank you for ALL the valuable information your post. I have copy & pasted much of it to my various cruise'Files'.

I am always researching and much of it saved on my computer files.. I have my own library of Rick Steves, Fodors & Frommers that just about fill a bookcase! LOL:eek: The thing is, all of these towns are very interesting, so I thought I would get some personal opines...

Thanks again Terry..:)

Nice and St Paul's would be my choice. Go to Nice in the morning and spend a couple hours in the flower market, maybe walks on Avenue Des Anglais for a while and visit some of the specialty shops near the market and then head to St. Paul's and have lunch and shop/browse the stores there.

Nice and St Paul's would be my choice. Go to Nice in the morning and spend a couple hours in the flower market, maybe walks on Avenue Des Anglais for a while and visit some of the specialty shops near the market and then head to St. Paul's and have lunch and shop/browse the stores there.

Chagall Museum is also a great take in Nice and worth at least an hour. There are three Chagall windows (similar to the ones in Israel) in addition to the paintings.

Archived