What is your Strangest/Most Unusual Must-Have Item?

august1963

Read through this and didn't see anyone mention a kettle - Seems to be popular for the tea snobs.

Man, if you're packing that, you're really packing heat.

Do British cruise lines give you a kettle in the room, they way they do in hotels?

I would hope so! I haven't even started this cruise yet, and my next one is going to be a British Isles and Republic of Ireland cruise.

my peppermill! Used to have a small travel copper one the size of a small after dinner glass but I left it on the table one night on Ecstasy so now, I settle for the store bought disposables, less painful to lose.

Too funny! Every time we eat in a restaurant that doesn't have one, I tell my DH that I need to get a travel-sized one for my purse.......glad I'm not the only one that has to have my cracked black pepper!!;)

We bring a noise maker. We sleep with a fan on at home and a fan is just too big to pack so we take our little portable noise maker. It has been on many vacations and has held up well. So since we mostly stick with interior cabins we can pick the ocean and we can feel like we are sleeping with our balcony door open, LOL!!! Cheesy I know!!! :D

We've cruised 3 times and despite the fact that we've slept with a fan since 1986, we've never needed one. Buuuuut, after reading a few different posts here on CC regarding the white noise machines, I ordered a travel one from Target yesterday and will be taking it with us on our next cruise. :p

Can't even imagine having my carry-on checked and security pull out B.O.B.......I think I would scream out loud and fall on the floor laughing!:eek:

Right after 911, we were on a cruise where they opened your suitcase right in front of you and looked through it. I had my rabbit variety B.O.B. in the suitcase and I thought I would have a heart attack right on the spot. My MIL and FIL were in line right behind me. I have since gotten a more subtle variety, but think of that moment every time I pack for a cruise.

Right after 911, we were on a cruise where they opened your suitcase right in front of you and looked through it. I had my rabbit variety B.O.B. in the suitcase and I thought I would have a heart attack right on the spot. My MIL and FIL were in line right behind me. I have since gotten a more subtle variety, but think of that moment every time I pack for a cruise.

I saw a wine bottle opener that looks startling like The Rabbit.

I crack up every time I see it.

Some guys I knew, this was way before 9/11 really felt sorry for the poor customs inspector when he came across their, um, uh, accessories. They were okay, but customs inspector was embarassed, esp. when he kept asking them what things were for.

Blender I can see, but the Crock Pot? I may bring my own "furniture" but I don't plan to cook! :eek:

Maybe it's one of those small potpouri heating ones?

To each his own!

Jacquelyn :D

This was a reference to a packing list that was available a few years ago.

It had all kinds of useful items listed, but also included crock pot - with just kidding next to it.

Archived