What is your Strangest/Most Unusual Must-Have Item?

august1963

my husband just caught me googling a "wevibe" and he thinks i'm nuts...but guess what he's getting for his birthday? rofl...

He'll like it as much as you - just sayin'! :p

LOL!!!!! Now I'm googling!! LOL!!!!!

It was also on the TV show The Doctors, so you could probably find some information on their website.

Thats why you send it in your checked luggage :)

Just remember to take out the batteries! I worked for a commercial airline for 10 years and I can't tell you how many times we had to page a customer to come watch us search their "vibrating bag". Obviously, with terrorist threats lurking, vibrating bags are a concern. Usually, it's an electric shaver or toothbrush....but on quite a few occasions it turned out to be a B.O.B. And the expression on the customer's face once we find the vibrating culprit is always priceless! :D

Misty

We bring a noise maker. We sleep with a fan on at home and a fan is just too big to pack so we take our little portable noise maker. It has been on many vacations and has held up well. So since we mostly stick with interior cabins we can pick the ocean and we can feel like we are sleeping with our balcony door open, LOL!!! Cheesy I know!!! :D

Its not the item I take thats odd, its the quantity:rolleyes:

I take THREE hairdryers - One for UK overnight, then I need my US voltage dryer, and also I take a travel dryer (just in case of failure of either:eek:)..

Have you ever considered an adapter for UK or US voltage? It packs lighter than a whole hair dryer!

Read through this and didn't see anyone mention a kettle - Seems to be popular for the tea snobs.

Man, if you're packing that, you're really packing heat.

I'm pretty sure these have been banned-at least that is what I read here on cruise critic!

If the ship doesn't have an ice cream bar (like on the Spirit class), I will bring a bottle of chocolate syrup and nuts to make my own sundaes. Also bring on some root beer to make floats.

Also never travel without a flashlight. Sis even has a keychain light on her lanyard.

If my wife were to get a B.O.B., I'd have to tell her to buzz off... :D

(Sorry, couldn't help myself - been a punster for far too long to stop now)

ADDED: On a serious note, I've added several good ideas to my cruise list from this thread...

...and Rosefloater mentioned a flashlight. I worked in a shipyard for many years, I wouldn't go aboard without a flashlight, power failures were common and the inside of an unlighted ship is PITCH BLACK! Think anything is different on a "finished" ship? Ask the folks that were on Splendor recently... My wife, kids and grandkids call me "Inspector Gadget" Because of all the stuff I have on my belt or in a pocket somewhere.

Archived