What is your Strangest/Most Unusual Must-Have Item?

august1963

I also have a Camp Time Roll-a-Table and Roll-a-Stools that packs in my suitcase and sets out on the balcony. In the morning I go to the buffet and "gather" breakfast for my crew (DH and 2 DS's) and we have some good family leisure time together. It's been a tradition for us for several cruises now! :)

You pack your own balcony furniture?

Next time I hear I pack too much, I will have ammunition. :D

At the buffet, there is a peppermill at the end of the salad bar, by the croutons and salad dressings. In the MDR, ask the waiter for the peppermill.

On Conquest there is a peppermill at each table in the MDR. Easier to just bring my own instead of looking for it... On the Ecstasy, it's been a fruitless search...

OK, this may sound strange but I bring a small stack of coffee-filters when we vacation. This is something I started when my children were much younger. I use them to hold small handfulls of mixed nuts, cookies, pringles or what ever little snacks that we may have. They contain the snacks and help eliminate spills unlike napkins where they just roll-off and when we're done we just throw them away. They take up almost zero room in the suitcase as well.

If we could give "reps" on these boards you would definitely get one for that!:D

Even though not all of us think of the rabbit as our boyfriend!

Can't even imagine having my carry-on checked and security pull out B.O.B.......I think I would scream out loud and fall on the floor laughing!:eek:

We bring spray low calorie butter and salad dressing - can't tell you how many times we have been asked if we brought suntan oil to dinner!

We also bring sugar free chocolate syrup - hooked on chocolate milk for breakfast and bedtime treat! We drink the chocolate milk on board at times but really like the taste of our own better.

We saw alot of towel clips used on this past cruise, they worked great on the deck chairs and kept our towels in place.........and NO, not to be chair hogs either, once we plant ourselves we stay except for brief dips in the pool to cool off, once we decide to go eat we pack up all our stuff and leave the chairs for someone else.

I like the highlighter suggestion in a previous post, I guess I will go add some to our "cruise box", its full of things we have found useful or things we only use on cruises, sure beats hunting for everything every year or forgetting something!

Can't even imagine having my carry-on checked and security pull out B.O.B.......I think I would scream out loud and fall on the floor laughing!:eek:

make sure the batteries are NOT installed , the accidentally switch on ones are a tad embarrassing

I buy a round, one lb. container of sugar, as I hate the packets. Also, besides being messy, they only provide 3 of each kind with room service. I thought about taking some from the Lido to my room, but this is much easier.

Plus, at my hotel pre-cruise it comes in handy there.

Melanie

Well, I'll be taking my first cruise, and I'll be bringing "Alldays" to cut down on the undie washing a bit.

Couldn't you just pack enough underpants for the entire cruise plus extras? I usually double the amount of days we travel for the number of underpants I need just in case we get stranded somewhere or something.

make sure the batteries are NOT installed , the accidentally switch on ones are a tad embarrassing

Thats why you send it in your checked luggage :)

Exactly - put it in your checked luggage. Or invest in the new wevibe, since it is very travel friendly.

Archived