What is your Strangest/Most Unusual Must-Have Item?

august1963

Just wondering what your most unusual/strangest must-have item to bring on the cruise is..... mind is duct tape (have actually used several times for different things - once to keep my shy daughter's bra strap from showing), a bungee cord and a plastic shoe holder with pockets with a hanger to hang on the bathroom door for all my toiletries (from the dollar store)

Any other ideas?

My DH. Trust me, if you knew him you would understand. I could cruise in nothing but the clothes on my back, toothbrush, money and my DH.

Everything else I take is neither unusual nor strange unless you consider sticky notes in that category. Everytrip we have ever taken, I always take photos of DH napping with a note from me on a sticky. He doesn't get to read the note until the photos get developed. Just our strange ritual.

My DH. Trust me, if you knew him you would understand. I could cruise in nothing but the clothes on my back, toothbrush, money and my DH.

Everything else I take is neither unusual nor strange unless you consider sticky notes in that category. Everytrip we have ever taken, I always take photos of DH napping with a note from me on a sticky. He doesn't get to read the note until the photos get developed. Just our strange ritual.

Wine all over the screen- just what I was thinking.

Just wondering what your most unusual/strangest must-have item to bring on the cruise is..... mind is duct tape (have actually used several times for different things - once to keep my shy daughter's bra strap from showing), a bungee cord and a plastic shoe holder with pockets with a hanger to hang on the bathroom door for all my toiletries (from the dollar store)

Any other ideas?

rain-ex ..hehe

Our own supply of low fat salad dressing.

Wow...I thought I was the only one that brought their own supply of low fat salad dressing on a cruise! For years my husband has ordered the individual packets of low fat salad dressing for me from a company in California. I take them with me on all our travels during the year...cruises and land based. Some days on Lido deck I find low fat dressings and then other days they don't have them out. So I've learned to just bring my own!

Not sure if it's strange, but...a jar of coffeemate. And, yes, I carry it around with me in the mornings...lol. Also take a small jar of instant tea, just in case the tea is bad on board or I want a glass of iced tea in the room.

my peppermill! Used to have a small travel copper one the size of a small after dinner glass but I left it on the table one night on Ecstasy so now, I settle for the store bought disposables, less painful to lose.

At the buffet, there is a peppermill at the end of the salad bar, by the croutons and salad dressings. In the MDR, ask the waiter for the peppermill.

I love my coffee sweet and blonde, so I bring my own equal (not a fan of Splenda) and the Coffee Mate Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel powered creamer. Then every morning I get up, grab some coffee and come back to the cabin and doctor it up, sit out on the balcony and enjoy! :cool:

I also have a Camp Time Roll-a-Table and Roll-a-Stools that packs in my suitcase and sets out on the balcony. In the morning I go to the buffet and "gather" breakfast for my crew (DH and 2 DS's) and we have some good family leisure time together. It's been a tradition for us for several cruises now! :)

The Over the Door Shoe Thingie is a must for 4 folks in 1 cabin!

Jacquelyn :D

Archived