Mariner west coast regulars, where are you now?

SRAFROG

Just wondering what everyone is doing now that our

Mariner has left the west coast.

Are you all going to different cruise lines or are you

now flying to join RCCL ships?

It is sad that all the friends we all have made

are now spreading out to the ends of the earth

so to speak.

Has anyone heard from Capt. Per or Capt. Johnny?

It is sad that all the friends we all have made

are now spreading out to the ends of the earth

so to speak.

Has anyone heard from Capt. Per or Capt. Johnny?

Hello Barbara, we sailed with you on Mariner back in June 2010. We have not seen Capt. Johnny since then, but hope to see him on Allure later this year. Someone else posted here that Capt. Per was the master last week when Mariner went past Cape Horn.

Hope all is well with you.

Bob

Thanks Bob. All is well with me, (I think). I am

now having to fly which scares me to death. Leaving

soon for Majesty of the seas, then later on a Panama

Canal cruise on Radiance, and of course, the biggie

the 63 day cruise from Vancouver to Australia and

around the continent on Radiance.

I have a friend traveling with me who will be a great

encouragement to making me fly (kicking me in the rear)

and telling me to breathe on take offs and landings.

Those who have cruised with me know I ride a scooter

so that presents difficulties and problems. for this first

cruise I am renting a scooter to be put on board the ship

and using a transport chair for airports, etc. I can walk

but need to be able to sit down when necessary. Didnt

want to take Dennis's wheelchair cause I dont need that.

Might go on the Voyager since we'll be in Texas attending our grandson's graduation from the Air Force in April. Really don't want to fly back to FL since we just got back from there in December. Not much choice except go on another cruiseline.

It would be great if we could get a ship back here. How about the Majesty?

Hello All...Am missing a west coast RCI so much sailed many many times on the Viking Serenade and the Vision..Mariner came and went a little to fast for us to get onboard her since we mixed it up a little and opted for the 8 night out of FLL on the INDY by then it was too late for Mariner...Then after 2 cruises on the INDY they took her..now we are cruising on the Liberty March 19th 8 night out of Miami on the last 8 nighter RCI has scheduled there (Am I bad luck :confused:) We did the 12 night Baltic this past Aug on the Jewel and will do a 7 night Western Med Aug 27th on Liberty out of Barcelona...Will stick to RCI, am pretty loyal to Royal, but wish they would bring us a ship back to the west coast..Happy sailing to you all wherever and on whatever you decide ....:)

SRAFROG -- So sorry that DH and I did not have a chance to meet you in person, on the BOOCRUISE! I did see you across the room at a couple of C&A functions, and I think I caught a glimpse of someone wearing bat ears on a red scooter, during the Halloween night festivities. ;)

Like you, I hate to fly, and am mourning the loss of Mariner (and Monarch and Vision) from our beloved "left coast". We're biting the bullet and flying to Miami next week for a 6-niter on LOS, with our old cruising buddies from back east. After that -- don't know. We had planned an autumn cruise to Europe on Celebrity Equinox, but that's currently up in the air. :(

If you like Celebrity, there are a few round-trip SD to Hawaii cruises on Century, scheduled for Oct '11 and April '12. We're booked for the 4-20-12 cruise -- why don't you come on over and check out our "Aloha" Century roll call? Looks like it's going to be a fun group! :p

We're on the Canal westbound Radiance 4/30 from TPA ending in SD, then train ride home. Only 1 way flight.

Then 10/22 and 10/29 we have Jewel from BOS ending in TPA, back to back.

On both of these, there are some new ports to see on our 2 favorite ships.

We are hoping to see a RCL ship back on the West Coast at least part time in 2012 or 2013. How about a Pacific Northwest itinerary?;)

We will miss the Mariner having done two cruises on her this past summer.

Our next cruise is in three weeks from today on the Carnival Splendor.

Got a balcony for a great price so we couldn't resist. Only hope we enjoy this cruise as much as we did the RCCL. Our choices on the west coast is limited and expected to get worst.

M & V

Hi Barbara - Len and I had late seating with you in Dec on the Mariner. We are going on the Oasis next week. One night in FLL and cruising on the Solstice. Same ports but way different ships. DH hates to fly so we are taking advantage on this trip by doing 2 cruises.

We are going to miss being able to book late and hop on the Mariner. For now we have resigned ourselves that we have to fly to cruise with Royal. Which means fewer cruises per year.

Susan

Thanks Bob. All is well with me, (I think). I am

now having to fly which scares me to death. Leaving

soon for Majesty of the seas, then later on a Panama

Canal cruise on Radiance, and of course, the biggie

the 63 day cruise from Vancouver to Australia and

around the continent on Radiance.

I have a friend traveling with me who will be a great

encouragement to making me fly (kicking me in the rear)

and telling me to breathe on take offs and landings.

Those who have cruised with me know I ride a scooter

so that presents difficulties and problems. for this first

cruise I am renting a scooter to be put on board the ship

and using a transport chair for airports, etc. I can walk

but need to be able to sit down when necessary. Didnt

want to take Dennis's wheelchair cause I dont need that.

Wow Barbara, I am envious of you, being able to take the time for the 63 day cruise to Australia. That will be a wonderful experience.

As long as you are flying, be sure to try Monarch out of Port Canaveral. They have the best crew in the fleet, and will make you feel at home, just like they did on Mariner. You fly to Orlando for Monarch, which you can do from John Wayne or LAX on Southwest. The port is easy to get around and the hotels are reasonable.

Best of luck to you, and I hope we run into you again.

Bob

Losing Mariner forced us to do something we thought we'd never do--sail the Oasis. Imagine our surprise to find the concierge was Allan and the live band in Dazzles was the same one we'd listened to so many times on Mariner and Monarch. For brief, occasional moments, it was almost like being back home. Loved Oasis, but I hate-hate-hate the round trip flight to Florida, especially since we invariably end taking the red-eye there. Like with so many others, this means we'll have to limit our CCL cruises from now on. It's not just the added costs--it's the extra days you need to add on for traveling back and forth.

We just spent two weeks on Mariner with Capt. Per. He expressed how thrilled he was to sail around the Horn, as it has significant interest for sailors. I was impressed with his candor and personality.

Hello Barbara, we sailed with you on Mariner back in June 2010. We have not seen Capt. Johnny since then, but hope to see him on Allure later this year. Someone else posted here that Capt. Per was the master last week when Mariner went past Cape Horn.

Hope all is well with you.

Bob

During our Radiance cruise 15 months ago, we were anchored next to Mariner at Cabo San Lucas.

Ironically, we'll be sailing on Mariner for the first time when she arrives in Galveston in November. DW indicated that she wants our next cruise destination to be the Western Caribbean -- and Houston/Galveston is the shortest distance from home.

Hey,

im Skyler, im only 16, and the only 2 cruises i have been on were the mexican riviera on Vison OTS and Mariner OTS. I liked Mariner so much that im trying to get my parents to book her on the carribean out of Galveston in March 2012. I miss Mariner on the west coast but with all the violence going on i can see why theyre wont be any RCI ships there for a while, plus im ready to try a new ittinerary.

check out my website

www.marinerotsworldcrew.webs.com

Bob, I am very excited about the 63 day cruise to

Australia. Hate the idea of having to fly, especially

the 14 hour flight home from Sydney.

Fortunately I have a friend who travels with me

that can calm me down about flying. He just

reminds me to breathe!

Aunursa, we were on that Radiance cruise with you in November '09. With RCL abandoning us here on the west coast we have turned to other cruise lines for our coastals. Unless they come up with some better itineraries (and hopefully another ship here in CA) we won't be sailing with them. Which makes me sad because I love their ships and we are Diamond and enjoy the small perks.

Aunursa, we were on that Radiance cruise with you in November '09. With RCL abandoning us here on the west coast we have turned to other cruise lines for our coastals. Unless they come up with some better itineraries (and hopefully another ship here in CA) we won't be sailing with them. Which makes me sad because I love their ships and we are Diamond and enjoy the small perks.

Yes, that was one of our most enjoyable cruises. I still keep in contact with several of our fellow passengers.

I was fortunate to get a good deal on airfare for our Thanksgiving cruise out of Galveston; otherwise it would have been problematic. Hopefully RCI will return to the West Coast.

Hi Barbara.

I shared 2 Mariner cruises with you! (July and Dec) You told me about your husband and travels. I thought you were really brave for taking your scooter on the tender in Cabo...lol...:D

I have booked the Oasis for May but will mostly cruise with the other California cruises. I like Princess and had a great cruise on the Oosterdam so I will do those most likely again too.

I have a daughter that hates to fly so I know your pain. She has to get Rx and she has travel plans to Japan this year...OI!

Travel anyway!!!!

Archived