Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel?

Riot

Has anyone heard anything about the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel? Is it a nice place to stay? We are looking for a hotel to stay at before our cruise and haven't really heard much about this particular hotel. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Not true!! Stayed there in January, and posted some comments. The threads just fall off the page, and people either do not use the search function, or the search function (probable reason) does not work well.

A few general comments:

1. Good location

2. A good business class hotel, as opposed to a resort-type property.

3. Italian Restaurant is very expensive, and found it to be a little snooty. However, lots of other restaurants around (live and learn)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;1;22;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Serenade of the Seas

Good morningicon_smile.gif I haven't stayed there but it looks lovely and it is right in the center of the "port area" on 17th Street.

Richard, were you talking about "Bravo"? Its the Italian place across the parking lot from the hotel.

I have eaten there twice and would go back againicon_smile.gif

Both times the food was fabulous and I thought the service was wonderful as well. I just wondered if we are thinking of the same place.

I didn't think the prices were too high...full dinner can run about 15.00 or 16.00, including salad and bread. Just depends on if you are getting appetiziers and drinks too. Then it can be a bit pricey. But I think its that way at most places. And the staff was really nice icon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Terrific true 4* business/convention hotel. Newest property along 17th, having opened in February 2002. Close to both shopping and the water taxi, 2ish blocks to both. I don't hesitate to recommend this property.

Last I checked, it offers a complimentary airport shuttle, but no cruise port shuttle. Taxi should run about $8.

Pool area, while nice, isn't the most relaxing in the area due to an unfortunate location adjacent to 17th. While screened, it just isn't the most peaceful. However, that's a minor annoyance for an otherwise solid property.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Lois R>>>No. Talking the Italian Restaurant right on the property --- ground floor directly across from the front desk.

We traveled that day and were tired. Went there with the mindset of sharing a nice big Caesar Salad, and an Appetizer each. When they "learned of our dining plans", the service, attention, etc., went straight downhill. With tip, bill still came close to $40. However, in all fairness, the Calamari I had as an appetizer was some of the best I ever ate.

The place you mentioned across the street looked good, and Bimini Boathouse next door looked great!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;1;22;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Serenade of the Seas

Last time we were in Ft Lauderdale we stayed in the same area (Embassy Suites) and ate delicious English style fish and chips at Kelly's Landing. It is a little pub/restaurant across the street in a strip mall. I think the fish and seafood is flown in daily from Maryland which is where the owner is from.

We stayed at the Renaissance in Downtown Fort Lauderdale in 10/01 pre-cruise through Princess. The hotel was very nice. We had dinner at the Bimini Boatyard which is a block or so away. We will stay at the Renaissance again pre-cruise in 10/04, but this time we got it through Priceline for $72 for the night!

kckitties

Coral Princess 10/21/04

Thanks for all the information on the hotel and surrounding areas. We have been wondering about a place to have a bite to eat for dinner close to the hotel and it sounds like there are plenty of excellent dinning locations to choose from. Makes waiting for our holiday to begin even harder! icon_wink.gif

Looks like you got the better deal on Priceline kckitties - we ended up paying $80 for our room (still a great deal though if you compare it to the regular booking price). Thanks again for all the info...it has been very helpful.

Stayed at the Renaissance in March and it is a beautiful hotel. Restaurants galore on 17th St. Fast food or sit down. We like Hops Brewery right up the street. Einstine Bagels is right there also for a quick breakfast. The port is right there also. No transportation to the port but a cab cost us $4.50. Concierge called one, they were right there and off we went. Everything you need is within walking distance. We didn't pay the price they're asking right now. I attempted to book this for 3/11 next year and the price went from $159 this March to $259 next March. We'll do Comfort Suites this time around. You can get cheaper rates if you check around. Anything on 17th St. is very convenient.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

Thank you for all the positive reviews. I got this hotel for a friend via Priceline for a 2 day post cruise stay in November for $72/nite. She has been asking me to find reviews for her and thanks to your responses I can reassure her

Thank you everyone for your input. We had been hoping for the Embasy Suites when we bid on Priceline for February of next year. When we got the Renaissance we were a little concerned that there was so little feed back on this hotel. Now we feel relieved and can get back to looking forward to our cruise.

Just wanted to add a thumbs up! We have just gotten home from a glorius cruise aboard the Golden and stayed at the Renaissance precruise. The Renaissance was wonderful and clean, comfortable and quiet. Last summer we stayed at the Embassy Suites and thought that it was a little noisy.There are no shuttles, but taxis are very easy to get.

We had dinner at Bravo across the street from the Renaissance and it was wonderful, lots of food for very reasonable prices. The Bimini Boathouse was pretty busy so that must be a good choice as well. Publix is very close, and the best part was walking close to the dock to watch the ships.

You will love the Renaissance, we will definately stay there again.

Linda

Archived