Just Added...New Port....Falmouth

Mr. Luckytoo

Should Celebrity add Falmouth Jamaica to it's itinerary?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should Celebrity add Falmouth Jamaica to it's itinerary?

• Absolutely - it's the latest greatest newest port in the Caribbean
    • No way - I've been to Jamaica and it's not someplace I want to cruise to
    • I'm not sure but I'd be willing to visit
    • Who cares what port, I'm on a cruise and loving it!

Personally, I'm not interested in Falmouth. Most all of the points of interest are approximately one hour in either direction (Ocho Rios or Montego Bay). I don't want to spend my valuable vacation time in a bus or taxi for two hours round trip. That also adds to the travel expense. I'm very dissapointed with the location of this port. Just my honest opinion. :mad:

I've been to Jamaica three times - twice on cruises; once in Kingston on Navigator of the Seas and the second time at a different port.

Kingston was a total wasted day. Ocho Rios is nice but I agree with the prior poster. What where they thinking?

Oh I know....Oasis and Allure going to Labadee and now Falmouth - maybe they WANT cruisers to stay onboard?

I am book on a B2B on Celebrity MILLENNIUM from Miami in December and Falmouth is already on the scheduled itinerary. At this time I have absolutely NO intentions of getting off the ship instead enjoying it as another 'sea day' as I expect most everyone else will be out in town.

Been to Jamaica too many times to count and now I refuse to get off the ship there. Considering how much money RCI dumped into this new port, I won't be surprised at all to see this appear on X's itineraries in the future. Like dmwnc1959 mentioned, it's already on Millennium's short Caribbean sailings.

Is there anything at all to do in Falmouth, like a nearby beach?

My niece will be sailing on RCCL in March for her spring break. I am considering telling her mother to make sure my niece stays on the ship for that stop. In fact, I am not sure I feel comfortable with her getting off at any of the stops. She will be just shy of her 21st birthday when she sails, but is not a big partier...kind of a nerd, too. I think that I am more worried about her than her mother is. :eek:

Voyager OTS will make its' 2nd stop in Falmouth next week, and I will be there.

Yes, I intend to get off the ship and wander around. I can't be negative about a place when I haven't even been there.

Yes, I have visited Jamaica many times, but I'll still check it out. If I don't like what I see, I will be back on the ship in a flash.

But there is the thing about Jamaican rum that needs to be dealt with....

The dock area doesn't look so promising, does it.

From what I have gathered from reading reviews the local citizens and reception were all very welcoming. The RCI portion of Falmouth and the pier are still a giant construction site with many buildings no where near completion, and the roads and sidewalks of the giant pier complex not finished or paved. The location choice seems to baffle some folks as it is an hours drive in either direction to the major or popular shore excursion options like Dunns River Falls, although a few are within 5-15 minutes of the port. I guess having a ship as big as the Oasis-class restricted where they could build their 'theme park' styled town? With that said, it does appear that it will still be a work in progress when Oasis of the Seas drops of her load of 6000 passengers for the first time in March, nearly a year after Falmouth was originally suppose to have been completed.

Extended completion dates are part of the Jamaican culture. I started going to resorts there in 2001, they were supposed to have the new road completed from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios completed the next year. The last time I went to Ocho Rios was in 2005, I don't think the road was completely done yet, it might be now. No problem Mon'.

I have passed through Falmouth on the way to Ocho 2 or 3 times. Unless something has drastically changed I would stay on the ship.

Haven't been to Jamaica since I went with my parents in the 70's. None of us liked it then, and I haven't heard from anyone I trust that says that country is worth returning to. I'd skip a cruise that wasted a stop there.

Archived