Beverage Package Clarifying Question

SuzD123

Before I start, I first want to apologize to all of those who monitor these boards and daily see questions about the Celebrity beverage packages...is it right for me? does it make sense? what is included? ...

My DH and I will be taking our first Celebrity cruise in 2012 so I am trying to get all of our "ducks in a row" and like many figure out if the beverage package is right for us. So here is a slightly different take since despite my searchs I have yet to see a firm answer and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

According to the Celebrity site, the cost difference for the Classic and Premium packages is $39 vs $49 pp per night (approximately)...I get that. I also get (based on their descriptions) what they roughly include and the differences there. I also get that drink packages are NOT to be shared. What I am a bit fuzzy on though is this...

The Classic package description states that it includes "all Beers up to $5 per serving and spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving" and the Premium includes the "entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving." So if I purchase a drink package and order a glass of wine or mixed drink OVER the designated limit will I only be responsible for the price difference or will the drink purchase just not be covered/included?

I understand that typically drinks covered by the package appear on the bill/statement but as $0...I'm wondering then if a drink is partially covered by the package does only the price difference appear on the bill/statement? Or does the total price appear because it is not covered at all?

We really don't have expensive drink tastes, but we do enjoy our frozen drinks, mixed drinks, wine with dinner, and even the occasional ice cream drink. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of this and how that works??

I'm pretty sure I've seen this answered here before. I'm no expert but I believe you are on the hook for the whole price. No partial credit. Have you looked at the sticky at the top of the page. It's getting pretty long, so it will take a while to wade through.

Before I start, I first want to apologize to all of those who monitor these boards and daily see questions about the Celebrity beverage packages...is it right for me? does it make sense? what is included? ...

My DH and I will be taking our first Celebrity cruise in 2012 so I am trying to get all of our "ducks in a row" and like many figure out if the beverage package is right for us. So here is a slightly different take since despite my searchs I have yet to see a firm answer and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

According to the Celebrity site, the cost difference for the Classic and Premium packages is $39 vs $49 pp per night (approximately)...I get that. I also get (based on their descriptions) what they roughly include and the differences there. I also get that drink packages are NOT to be shared. What I am a bit fuzzy on though is this...

The Classic package description states that it includes "all Beers up to $5 per serving and spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving" and the Premium includes the "entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving." So if I purchase a drink package and order a glass of wine or mixed drink OVER the designated limit will I only be responsible for the price difference or will the drink purchase just not be covered/included?

I understand that typically drinks covered by the package appear on the bill/statement but as $0...I'm wondering then if a drink is partially covered by the package does only the price difference appear on the bill/statement? Or does the total price appear because it is not covered at all?

We really don't have expensive drink tastes, but we do enjoy our frozen drinks, mixed drinks, wine with dinner, and even the occasional ice cream drink. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of this and how that works??

Hi,

Any drink that costs more than the upper limits is not included in the package. You will be charged the full amount not the difference.

PS drinks from mini-bar are not included.

Jim

Archived